Australia Uncovered

Started by BazzaG, February 02, 2024, 09:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BazzaG

QuoteHitler's Jewish Soldier? Aus Uncovered
SBS HD, 8:40pm, Thu, 8 Feb 2024, 65 minutes
A Jewish boy witnesses the murder of his family, survives the Holocaust by becoming Hitler's youngest soldier, has had four false names, two mistaken family reunions and now, thanks to DNA, is on the cusp of discovering his true identity on his deathbed. But is it too remarkable to be true?
United Kingdom, English, Subtitles, Documentary, Society & Culture

Can the above EPG entry please be fixed as this is the third season of Australia Uncovered and I already have a series recording setup for Australia Uncovered. I'm also not entirely sure the doco is from the UK as Dan Goldberg is Canadian currently for Mint Pictures which is based in Sydney. Time will tell.

Essentially we have: Australia Uncovered S03E01 - Hitler's Jewish Soldier?

Here's the series/show lingo from SBS:

QuoteAustralia's most compelling documentary collection, Australia Uncovered, returns to SBS and SBS On Demand on Thursday 8th February from 8:40pm with a curated strand of four captivating stand-alone documentaries that explore incredible untold Australian stories and reveal new insights into some of the biggest issues facing Australian today.

Continuing weekly on Thursday evenings, the third season of the critically acclaimed collection investigates whether the story of a young Jewish boy who became Hitler's youngest soldier was in fact true – or a Holocaust Hoax – in Hitler's Jewish Soldier? – the gripping first instalment in the new season of Australia Uncovered.

Dubbed "The Mascot," Hitler's youngest soldier was, remarkably, a Jewish boy who hid his secret in Australia for almost fifty years before embarking on a rollercoaster ride to uncover his true identity. This is the astonishing story of Alex Kurzem, revealed for the first time in full in Hitler's Jewish Soldier? – the gripping first instalment in the new season of Australia Uncovered.

As Jewish journalist and director Dan Goldberg journeys across the globe in a bid to solve the mystery of The Mascot, what unfolds is an astounding true crime-esque investigation that will keep you guessing until the very end.

The remaining 3 episodes are:
Last Chance to Save a Life, The Carnival and The Miracle Fix.

And, yes, I'm aware that SBS themselves have listed this show in their own EPG as IceTV has done. While the next 2 episodes listed currently don't even mention Australia Uncovered at all !!! But we all know that the SBS couldn't give a $%#@ (I'll say no more....).

Thankyou.

GaiO IceTV

Thanks Bazza,  I'm organising with Dan to have it listed under Australia Uncovered. As you know, it's not always easy to work out SBS programming!

Also have noted Adam Liaw's new season and will update shortly.

Cheers Gai

BazzaG

Thankyou.

Quote from: GaiO IceTV on February 02, 2024, 10:13:09 AMAs you know, it's not always easy to work out SBS programming!

You are absolutely right there and the same can be said with differences between their EPG and the listing on SBS OnDemand and so on and so forth.

I've complained on a number of occasions but in reality SBS don't give a $%#@ because these sort of discrepancies just keep happening again & again & again.

BazzaG

I've found the SBS Press Release for the 2024 season of Australia Uncovered:

https://www.sbs.com.au/aboutus/2024/01/11/new-season-of-sbss-award-winning-documentary-collection-australia-uncovered-features-four-extraordinary-australian-stories-that-will-entertain-inspire-and-fascinate/

This may or may not help Dan and which includes a dilemma re: episode 4.

This episode has also been called: Miracle Fix, yet it's listed as: Psychedelics: Stepping into the Unknown in the press release. Oh well, we'll have to wait & see.

Update: Almost certainly called Psychedelics: Stepping into the Unknown, as there is a trailer for that episode on SBS's YouTube page.