movies marked as series

Started by aeb001, January 11, 2024, 06:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeb001

Hi Ice team,

I just went through the "Most Popular" to see if there were any shows worth adding to my list of shows to watch & i notiched the following movies in there. When i clicked them, they come up allowing add as series. Not sure if its a glitch or they were actually set up as series' rather than single airings. Hope this helps someone out

Movie: My Sister's Keeper (2009)
Movie: The Power Of One (1992)
MOVIE: How to Find Forever (2022)
MOVIE: Operation Mincemeat
MOVIE: Top Gun: Maverick (2022)
MOVIE: Darrow & Darrow (2017)
Movie: True Lies (1994)
Movie: Lansky
Movie: Meet Dave (2008)
MOVIE: Next To Her
MOVIE: Remember Me: The Mahalia Jackson Story
Adrian
Windows 7 Media Centre PC
Early days user of IceTV since it's inception in 2005

GaiO IceTV

Adrian,
None of these movies are marked as series so a system glitch. I'll make Dan aware to put it on his list but he is knee deep in more pressing matters at the moment.
Cheers Gai

Daniel Hall at IceTV

This is actually by design.

You can technically set anything to record via a series recording so you will get it next time it's actually aired, the series flag will then default to either a single recording or series recording with the caveat that it will only offer a single recording if you are looking at an actual airing of a show.

In this case, as it's not tied to a specific airing, you will not get the single recording option, but you as I said, you can set it up as a 'series' recording to have it record the next time it's aired.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

aeb001

ah ok. by memory movies used to be set up as single recordings only (ie. when they came out on the weekly / weekend newletters) so when i saw this i thought it was a glitch. as per dans note i looked at the movies coming up today & saw what he meant. thanks for taking the time to explain it
Adrian

aeb001

Actually, this would be a pretty cool feature for users to know about for movies they want to schedule in advance. would be worth an extra-ordinary newsletter.

ie. "missed a movie, schedule it to record next time it ever records"
Adrian