BYOB Fails to install completely or correctly.

Started by srto2, July 04, 2023, 10:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srto2

Quote from: IanL-S on July 06, 2023, 08:28:03 AMLast night I needed to reboot my IceTV IceBox and noticed that at the end of the process there was a message about not being able to contact a remote server. Rebooted several times and got the same message. On the guide settings page it is reported that the IceBox is still calling home. My Week listing indicates all timers have been successfully set for the forthcoming week.

There were 4 failed recordings on Saturday (due to insufficient disk space) but nothing that would explain why I am getting the message on boot-up.
Did you mean to start a new topic for this post?

IanL-S

Quote from: srto2 on July 06, 2023, 01:23:46 PMDid you mean to start a new topic for this post?

No, was just that earlier in this thread the notice about failure to connect to external server ... appeared.

In the context, I suspect this message is referring to the IceTV server since the messages about TVHeadend not being connected and then connected refer specifically to TVHeadend. On reflection, I suspect that there is only a delay in connecting to IceTV server (logging into IceTV account). It may have something to do with the IceBox connecting via WiFi rather than Ethernet which could cause a delay in successful log in. I am relatively certain that I do not see it with my BYOB which connect via Ethernet.

I will suggest to the development team that when this happens a 'successful connection' message is displayed. Done!

Update: Daniel Hall says that the remote server message is probably referring to TVHeadend. Unfortunately there is no easy way to disable the message.

My IceBox is no-longer flashing anything on the screen when rebooting.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

srto2

Hi Ian,  I've been a bit snowed under, so no reply 'til now.  My machine is not showing the TvHeadend error (now) when rebooting either.

I don't have any issues with getting around Kodi - but I do miss my currently deceased Beyonwiz T4 (let alone any or all of my Toppys, long gone) but I have other issues with either LibreElec (or the IceTV plugin) and my Lenovo mini PC.  I'll collate the most significant of those and start another topic when I'm confident it's not "finger trouble" on my part.

Meanwhile the other crazy thing is that SSH worked until I (probably unneccessarily, given my locked down network)  changed the default pasword.  Something else to think about...