N5095 minipc - Failed to Start xOrg - Is your GPU Supported - update to

Started by cp@patto1.id.au, June 24, 2023, 09:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cp@patto1.id.au

Good'ay everyone.
     Just trialing a recent minipc (N5095) processor with the IceTV and getting the error messages in the topic.

I've done some research and I understand that this is due to a lack of support from the libreELEC backend (version 10) and that using version 11 works.

I also understand that the ICETV BYOD software is using the LibreELEC version 10 as it's backend.

Is this the case, and in which case - is there a release in development of the ICETV BYOD software in the works? - if so when might that be ready for consumption?

As my setup is an experimental setup - would be happy being an early tester/adopter, if that helps?

regards
Chris.

IanL-S

The latest IceBox build is based on LibreELEC 11.

I have a dim recollection of someone reporting that (N5095) processor is supported by the LibreELEC 11 kernel. There is general guidance on supported x84 hardware on the LibreELECT wiki: https://wiki.libreelec.tv/hardware/intel-x86-64-generic
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

SteveM

Similar situation (same error message) with an ASUS PN64 mini PC.

With the Ice TV install:
  Failed to Start xOrg - Is your GPU Supported?

Latest LibreELEC (11.0.1) appears to install and work OK.

GPU is reported as Mesa Intel ® Graphics (ADL GT2)

Is it possible to unbundle/separate the LibreELEC and Ice TV installations, perhaps? I notice there is an 'add PVR' function in LibreELEC with many (more than I expected) pre-existing options.

Regards to all

Steve

SteveM

The latest distribution/download (20230522060525-aae861d 11.0) fixes this for the ASUS PN64 mini PC.