Main Menu

Icebox2

Started by bung_w, November 27, 2008, 12:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bung_w

Dont know if this is the right forum, but I am looking to try and purchase a Icebox2 for my 5000PVRT.  I have purchased a Asus WL-500gP V2 Wireless router, but have been told that this cannot be used?  Therefore is there anyone out there looking to offload a working icebox2.

Or does anyone know if you can configure a V2 for use as an icebox.

Cheers
Paul ???

Matt at IceTV

Unfortunately we no longer sell the IceBox2 Wireless Access Bridge for Topfield TF5000 PVR devices due to the manufacturer discontinuing this product line and not offering any suitable replacement models.

Many new PVR's being produced are coming with wired and wireless options and of course are High Definition also, meaning the demand to support these older SD PVR's is also decreasing. For example the new Topfield TF7100HDPVRt PVR and the Beyonwiz range. With these new PVR's, you can also remotely set individual episodes or the entire series of your favourite TV shows to record via our website, custom mobile phone site and more. Go to www.icetv.com.au/about to find out more.

Having said this, we are constantly on the lookout for alternative options for TF500PVRt customers. Unfortunately at this point in time we have been unable to find something suitable.

We have heard of some users selling their IceBox2's on eBay as they have upgraded to a newer PVR, but these are obviously few and far between.

Hopefully someone answers your call.

Regards,

mattk
General Manager
IceTV Pty
1300 654 803

brianh

The V2 can be used, just not with Icebox2 Firmware.  It will work fine with Oleg's FW and the relevant packages installed, search the DPG Topfield forums (not the new itopfield ones) for details.

Cheers,
Brian