So what we're looking at is:
- event accurate recordings
- better padding management
- tuner collision avoidance (TCA)
- automatic channel mapping
- integrated UI which is accessible over extenders
- logos (more bling, artwork etc)
- instance recording from phone apps, widgets, etc

and of course, you want iView and movies right? The good news is that all of this is being worked on rightr now and has the utmost priority and we are definitely making progress.

Thanks Luke... really like the items in the list... can't wait!

lukem

Quote from: tvmandan on October 13, 2011, 11:45:23 PM
Adding channel logos would be really nice as well. This would eliminate the need to install more software.
Cheers
Dan

Be careful what you wish for ;)

Dave

Looks great Luke.

Will you be looking to enable the inband program updates you had in one of the recent beta's?

I am really looking forward to these updates.

Thanx.

Dave.
Antec NSK2480B Case & PSU, Asus M4A785TD-M-EVO motherboard, AMD Phenom II 965 3.40Ghz quad core CPU, 4Gb RAM, Hauppauge HVR2200 Dual Tuner, 1Tb and 500Gb WD HDDs, Windows 10 running NextPVR

tvmandan

Quote from: Luke at IceTV on January 04, 2012, 01:41:26 PM
Quote from: tvmandan on October 13, 2011, 11:45:23 PM
Adding channel logos would be really nice as well. This would eliminate the need to install more software.
Cheers
Dan

Be careful what you wish for ;)
Looks awesome!
BTW, I'm loving the hard-padding in the latest release too!

lukem

Quote from: Dave on January 04, 2012, 02:20:03 PM
Looks great Luke.

Will you be looking to enable the inband program updates you had in one of the recent beta's?

I am really looking forward to these updates.

Thanx.

Dave.

Yes, this is coming in the next beta along with logos. We're also getting close to ditching the current UI and switching to V4 / native plugin.

Dave

Quote from: Luke at IceTV on January 04, 2012, 02:34:20 PM

Yes, this is coming in the next beta along with logos. We're also getting close to ditching the current UI and switching to V4 / native plugin.

I am really looking forward to the native plugin so I can record programs using IceTV via my Media Centre Extender.  This will be a FANTASTIC enhancement. ;D

My new issue with the current interactive is if someone schedules a new program to record using MCE, the padding defaults to 15 minutes where possible.  No matter how much I tell them to use an IceTV interface which now forces the 15 minutes.  :P

Bring on V4.
Dave.
Antec NSK2480B Case & PSU, Asus M4A785TD-M-EVO motherboard, AMD Phenom II 965 3.40Ghz quad core CPU, 4Gb RAM, Hauppauge HVR2200 Dual Tuner, 1Tb and 500Gb WD HDDs, Windows 10 running NextPVR

lukem

Hi Dave,

I considered that option and wondered how many people would need it. I can make it happen in the next beta, so that local recordings too will pick up the default hard padding setting. If you decide to manually override the padding for that recording later within MCE, that will be OK too - we wouldn't keep changing it after the first time we adjust it.

Cheers,
Luke

tvmandan

Quote from: Dave on January 04, 2012, 03:02:21 PM

My new issue with the current interactive is if someone schedules a new program to record using MCE, the padding defaults to 15 minutes where possible.  No matter how much I tell them to use an IceTV interface which now forces the 15 minutes.  :P

It's a shame that Microsoft haven't incorporated this option in to MC7 themselves!
I know........it's asking a lot.  :P

lukem

BTW, how many tuners do we really need these days?

Dave

Quote from: Luke at IceTV on January 04, 2012, 03:58:27 PM

At least 4.  ;)

Mozi

Quote from: Luke at IceTV on January 04, 2012, 03:34:00 PM
I considered that option and wondered how many people would need it. I can make it happen in the next beta, so that local recordings too will pick up the default hard padding setting. If you decide to manually override the padding for that recording later within MCE, that will be OK too - we wouldn't keep changing it after the first time we adjust it.

I'm one that would prefer to keep the soft padding in MCE for local recordings. That way I can use IceTV to do my normal recording and hard padding (which is great now by the way), and use MCE for other default recording. Hence, maybe you can make it a tick box in settings as to which type of behavior a user prefers?

Other Requests:

- per channel padding settings? To deal with some of the wayward channels. Or instead of totally autonomous padding settings for each channel, maybe to make it easier to handle in Interactive, give us 2 lots of manual padding settings ("Manual Padding 1", Manual Padding 2", "No Padding - Use MCE defaults") and allow us to allocate which channels should use padding 1 and which 2. That way I could have one padding setting of 5 minutes of hard padding for the "good" channels using "padding 1" and 15 or more minutes for the bad ones using "padding 2".

- Determine/set default "Keep Until" behaviour for each of my shows, eg keep until space needed, until watched, until a certain date, or until deleted. (not a high priority, but nice to have when I again start to run of HDD space!)

- Priority of a show (I saw this discussed in another thread somewhere on this Forum). I don't need a 1 to 100 priority. 1 to 5 would do me, but I guess it hardly matters from a programming perspective. But the priority would be used in case there are insufficient tuners available to decide which show will not be recorded. Although I have 4 tuners, sometimes I'd like to record "less important" shows if there are spare tuners. I would set these shows to a low priority.

- There was also a suggestion in another thread to utilise the MCE functionality for series recordings. This is NOT something that I see of any use for me. I'm happy as is. So I guess that is a feature non-request  ;D

Quote from: Dave on January 04, 2012, 04:04:25 PM
Quote from: Luke at IceTV on January 04, 2012, 03:58:27 PM

At least 4.  ;)

I agree, at least 4, but 5 would be "nice"  :D

Regards
Wolfgang

Dave

Quote from: Mozi on January 04, 2012, 04:14:49 PM

I'm one that would prefer to keep the soft padding in MCE for local recordings. That way I can use IceTV to do my normal recording and hard padding (which is great now by the way), and use MCE for other default recording. Hence, maybe you can make it a tick box in settings as to which type of behavior a user prefers?

Regards
Wolfgang

Wolfgang.

I believe that the new feature for V4 is that Interactive will be integrated with MCE.  Currently my wife and kids record programs by selecting them on the program listing in MCE and they therefore inherit the MCE default soft padding.  I suggest using Interactive on the web or iPhone, but that seems to be a bit too hard for them (ie they tend to be lazy  ::) ).  I assume that the new V4 iInteractive will assist greatly seeing it's integrated with MCE.  Therefore, they just use the same remote to schedule the show or the series and IceTV takes care of the rest.

Perfect solution from my perspective.  ;D

Dave.

Mozi

Thank you Dave,

I guess I am not totally clear of what it means to have IceTV Interactive integrated with MCE. So some of my suggestions may therefore be superfluous ... but I'll leave that to the experts to work out  :)

Regards
Wolfgang

bodogbodog

Do you need anymore beta testers? - Happy to give it a go on one of my Win7 Media Centers with XBOX 360 extender
I've got three IceTV devices - 2 Win7 and 1 Wiz so happy to give one of the Win7's a go with it

I just really want to shock the wife when she sees the Channel logos  ;D
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

lukem

Quote from: bodogbodog on January 09, 2012, 02:26:13 PM

Do you need anymore beta testers? - Happy to give it a go on one of my Win7 Media Centers with XBOX 360 extender
I've got three IceTV devices - 2 Win7 and 1 Wiz so happy to give one of the Win7's a go with it

I just really want to shock the wife when she sees the Channel logos  ;D

Absolutely, I'll add you to the list.

Cheers. :)