HDTV. Is there a full Guide?

Started by Dormant, August 11, 2007, 08:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dormant

There is no guide data for Digital Channels with more than one channel (7 Digital 1, 7 Digital 2 and the Prime Digital Channels). For the channels that are only there to display program guides for the stations( 7 Guide, 9 Guide, 10 Guide) can you display "Programming Schedule" instead of "No Data Available"?  Also on SBS HD, IceTV Guide said that Nerds FC was on at 7:30 to 8, with Kick on at 8pm, but Kick was on at 7:30.

I have Media Center on Vista with a DVB-T tuner and I live on the Gold Coast, QLD. I can watch all the Digital channels including 7 HD, 9 HD and MyTalk. Will a full guide be issued for all available channels?

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Media Center can't assign the same guide information for more than one channel, and for those channels you list they are simply copies of the original station anyway and it's worthwhile disabling them via the "Edit Channels" option in Media Center.

The "No Data Available" is the standard message that Media Center puts in the guide when no information is available, and it is highly unlikely that guide information would be provided for the 'guide' channels (7 Guide, 9 Guide, and 10 Guide), once again it's probably worthwhile disabling these channels.

We are currently checking into why "Nerds FC" was still listed in the guide when it should have been a double episode of "Kick".

The High Definition (HD) guides that we supply are designed to be true representations of which shows are to be shown on these channels in HD.

The gaps that are shown are periods where either a demo loop will be shown or where a Standard Definition shows are being shown that have been up-converted. At the moment there is also no way to confirm what will be played on the HD channels as none of the television networks release a guide for the HD channels.

In each week the television networks are only required to broadcast 40 hours of HD programming, ABC and SBS are exempt from this requirement and frequently do not have anything in HD in a given week and this would be why not much if anything would be on these channels.

We recently added a way to allow customers to have the full listings shown on both the SD and HD channels, but we have to stress that using this is entirely “use at your own risk”. There is a setting under the “My Account” section of the IceTV website where this can be changed.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Dormant