Human Target on GO at 8.30 Wednesday

Started by csutak40, October 20, 2010, 02:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

csutak40

Just saw an ad, seems it will be on at 8.30 as well as midnight - in Melbourne at least
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Mitch IceGuide

Changed all that yesterday. Would have hoped it had filtered through to you by now. Let me know if not. Thanks.

csutak40

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on October 20, 2010, 12:48:11 PM
Changed all that yesterday. Would have hoped it had filtered through to you by now. Let me know if not. Thanks.

Interesting.  I run TED/S for the Toppy at 4pm every day.  It wasn't there.  I also checked the Yahoo Widget, also not there.  Didn't actually check on the online interactive, because I presumed that the widget would be up to date.

This brings me to a question I have asked a couple of times before, never got an answer.  Is the widget supposed to update itself, or does one need to reboot to get the updated data?  (I did log off last night and just checked - the widget is now updated.)
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Mitch IceGuide

As you've guessed by now I don't answer too many technical type issues (because I don't know the answers). Might pay to call the hotline with the widget question and also the previous 'Covert Affairs' recording problems some people seem to have experienced.

prl

Quote from: csutak40 on October 20, 2010, 03:34:18 PM
This brings me to a question I have asked a couple of times before, never got an answer.  Is the widget supposed to update itself, or does one need to reboot to get the updated data?  (I did log off last night and just checked - the widget is now updated.)
The widget is supposed to update itself. The OS X Dashboard widget can be forced to update by typing Command-R while it's selected (it has a cute swirly animation, too). The Yahoo widget can be made to update by closing it (right-click on the widget and choose Close Widget), and then restarting it (left-click on the Widget dock Gear icon, and select Open Widget...). A reboot shouldn't be necessary.

I don't know why IceTV have chosen to make it easy to force an update in the Dashboard widget and a pain to force an update in the Yahoo widget. And yes, key-presses can be acted on in a Yahoo widget.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: prl on October 21, 2010, 12:50:27 PM
Quote from: csutak40 on October 20, 2010, 03:34:18 PM
The widget is supposed to update itself. The OS X Dashboard widget can be forced to update by typing Command-R while it's selected (it has a cute swirly animation, too). The Yahoo widget can be made to update by closing it (right-click on the widget and choose Close Widget), and then restarting it (left-click on the Widget dock Gear icon, and select Open Widget...). A reboot shouldn't be necessary.

I don't know why IceTV have chosen to make it easy to force an update in the Dashboard widget and a pain to force an update in the Yahoo widget. And yes, key-presses can be acted on in a Yahoo widget.

The command-R shortcut is actually part of the dashboard itself, not the IceTV widget, it will basically close and then re-open whichever is the currently active widget.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

prl

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on October 21, 2010, 01:02:46 PM
Quote from: prl on October 21, 2010, 12:50:27 PM

The command-R shortcut is actually part of the dashboard itself, not the IceTV widget, it will basically close and then re-open whichever is the currently active widget.
Ah, I didn't realise it was a Dashboard function in the Mac widget. Anyway, it is still a pain to force a refresh on the Yahoo widget.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing