IceTv in Voluntary Administarion

Started by emmsee, October 07, 2015, 05:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emmsee

Just received an email to advise that IceTV have been placed in voluntary administration.

Read it an weep those who, like me, haven't yet received there SKIPPA.

Disastrous!

eafywan

Yep, just got that one myself. Pretty piss poor effort considering this:

"Dear SKIPPA® Community,

We're pleased to confirm that our backlog of SKIPPA® orders has finally been cleared. Australia Post will be sending tracking numbers on Tuesday due to the long weekend in New South Wales.

We've had some unexpected delays, both in the factory and with the current strike at Customs. But we have plenty of supply now in our warehouse to fulfill every order."

Just another in the long line of lies we've been fed. Not happy at all.

Pursya

I knew this was a fucking scam.
Hope the people in charge of this company get the rightful jail sentence they deserve.

jacqpinks

how disgusting, my mother purchased 2 skippa's and has lost almost $1000 this is so wrong and just really wrong :( this was a deliberate scam :( ICE TV got greedy and has stolen our money. :(

Pursya

And I assume that those who have received a unit now have nothing but a basic DVR.
And maybe not even that. Does the unit work without an ICE subscription?

warkus

IT wasn't a scam, I have a Skippa.

They do exist...

Clearly however mismanagement is the issue, and it looks likely that they have obviously traded whilst insolvent...

Totally appalling situation I must say...

warkus

No it doesnt...

Only works with ICE EPG - Not FTA EPG

So its a boat anchor even for those that do have one.

jacqpinks

Just b/c you have your skippa doesn't mean it wasn't a scam, they could have decided to keep selling them and they knew they didn't have the units :( I knew there was something wrong when we were barred from writing on their facebook page

JRB

Bugger.

Ordered/paid 2 weeks ago for the whole shabang SKIPPA plus lifetime IceTV. $600 smackers.

If someone could clarify. SKIPPA is in admin only? Or is it SKIPPA and IceTV?

Also, could someone repost in a more legible form the contact details for the administrator?

I got the email, but my version does not have the 2nd part as captured in previous post

Ta

James (not skipping)

prl

Quote from: JRB on October 07, 2015, 06:28:32 PM
... If someone could clarify. SKIPPA is in admin only? Or is it SKIPPA and IceTV? ...
The barely legible Subject line of the letter says "ICETV PTY LIMITED".
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

JRB

Thank PRL.  Double Bugger

Ps. I can see full test now from Windows (iPad only showed 1st page of letter)

Merton Kidd

Quote from: JRB on October 07, 2015, 06:34:33 PM
Thank PRL.  Double Bugger

Ps. I can see full test now from Windows (iPad only showed 1st page of letter)

I was trying to be optimistic, not having received  my Skippa but looks like it's another Aussie venture that can't compete with the big boys...what's the chance that An Aussie firm puts in a rescue bid...come on Aussie come on...

JRB

So anyway - paid with CCard so have lodged a dispute based on non receipt of goods, which is about as much as you can do.....

emmsee

I've also lodged a dispute with PayPal and await there responses,  but I'm not holding my breath

Dave at IceTV

If someone could clarify. SKIPPA is in admin only? Or is it SKIPPA and IceTV?

IceTV and therefore Skippa as well.

Also, could someone repost in a more legible form the contact details for the administrator?

I got the email, but my version does not have the 2nd part as captured in previous post

Mark.Everingham AT tphinsolvency.com.au

Mark Everingham CPA Senior Accountant
TPH Insolvency
cheers

Dave
Customer Service