Good Game, ABC2 Sydney

Started by Stunkrat, October 06, 2008, 08:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stunkrat

If you have Good Game set to series record, then it won't record tonight because the name is slightly different.  You have about half an hour to fix it up.

It's enough to make you buy a Tivo.

prl

Quote from: Stunkrat on October 06, 2008, 08:30:52 PM
If you have Good Game set to series record, then it won't record tonight because the name is slightly different.  You have about half an hour to fix it up.

I thought it was all done on unique ids for programs, not on the program name. There are certainly IceTV id fields in the timer entries for Beyonwiz. That doesn't mean that there can't have been some problem with the ids, of course :)

Quote from: Stunkrat on October 06, 2008, 08:30:52 PM
It's enough to make you buy a Tivo.

That's a bit harsh  ;D
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Mitch IceGuide

Like all 'new' technology, it's going to take time for the users and broadcasters to become PVR savvy. Our deal with ABC is to not tamper with anything sent our way, although at times we make slight changes to make programs more PVR friendly. Never content though. I'd be fairly certain the good folk at TiVo would be under the same arrangement.

tonymy01

I wasn't going to post into this thread, but you Mitch has posted something quite similar to what I was going to suggest, so I may as well add my 2.02cents.   I have seen plenty of complaints about TiVo over on dtvforums.info forums with similar issues about show names, recordings missed, padding not enough for some shows etc etc, so all the same issues really as using any form of "guide" that comes from the broadcasters that tend to not follow their own guide.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Stunkrat

...none of which I doubt. And I don't really want a Tivo.

But.

If I'd have used the FTA RPG and set a weekly recording directly on the PVR, it would have recorded fine. I certainly don't expect you guys to tamper with the content, but I would have hoped that the software was a bit smarter.