Main Menu

Recent posts

Getting Help / Re: subtitles by default
Last post by Ian_AW - May 03, 2024, 03:31:26 PM
Thanks, I've set them while watching live TV and they do not stick. The same for recordings. Selecting the "Set as default for all media" gives a warning but as soon as I go back to normal view, they're gone.

I was hoping to find a more permanent setting.

Driving my IceBox via a mini USB keyboard it is just having to remember to press T. The problem arises when you want subtitles straight away and forget and the timeshift buffer has not started to accumulate.
IceTV EPG Content / Re: The Addams Family showing ...
Last post by Lisa - May 03, 2024, 03:02:32 PM
Hi Ian AW,

thankyou for spotting that. I can see that its showing next week as well. I have manually changed it for today, but will have to ask Daniel if he can have a look at it. A bit of a glitch I think.

Cheers,  Lisa
IceTV EPG Content / Re: New shows
Last post by Lisa - May 03, 2024, 02:41:26 PM
Hi Adrian,

The Good Doctor has been added.

Thanks Lisa
Getting Help / Re: subtitles by default
Last post by raymondjpg - May 03, 2024, 02:12:17 PM
Quote from: Ian_AW on May 03, 2024, 11:21:33 AMIs there a way to set it as a default setting?
have you tried setting them while live TV is playing?

Subs1.jpgSubs2.jpg 
Last post by aeb001 - May 03, 2024, 01:40:53 PM
Northern Exposure - has been sitting in new shows for a few months now without a start date. Best to remove it.
Last post by aeb001 - May 03, 2024, 01:38:52 PM
The Good Doctor - 28/5/2024 - 7 / 7HD
Getting Help / subtitles by default
Last post by Ian_AW - May 03, 2024, 11:21:33 AM
G'day,

Is there any way to have the default being subtitles on for all channels?

I have gone through Settings>Player>Subtitles but cannot find a setting to make it the default across all channels.

Is there a way to set it as a default setting?

Thanks.
IceTV EPG Content / The Addams Family showing as a...
Last post by Ian_AW - May 03, 2024, 10:18:17 AM
G'day,

The Addams Family 30 minute episodes of the sitcom shows as a Movie in the IceTV Guide,
Getting Help / Re: IceBox failure after a sof...
Last post by raymondjpg - May 02, 2024, 03:50:23 PM
Quote from: TimC on May 02, 2024, 03:20:16 PMHowever, I am now wondering if the latest update is having an impact on the Startup routines.

My whole problem started when I tried the Soft Reset.  The Reboot stalled mid-reset and then nothing worked. I suspect that the soft reset is dependent on a reboot being successful, i.e. Interrupting the reboot stuffs up the reset process.

Rebooting is not something I do very often, but I never had any issues rebooting before the latest update.
It almost sounds like the issue IceBox users were having with the SSD. If it were me I would try a completely new install, following the procedures as suggested for a BYO setup, and see if that stabilises things.
Getting Help / Re: IceBox failure after a sof...
Last post by TimC - May 02, 2024, 03:20:16 PM
Now that I have used it a bit, I do notice a few strange things.

Immediately after the Soft Reset, it was working fine.  Actually better than it had previously.
This was because I swapped the HDMI port I was using from the one nearest the power to the one furthest from the power and only had one device connected.
The flashing to a black screen whenever I went from a menu to a program had disappeared.
It Looks like the port furthest from the power is the best one to use.
I then reconnected the rest of the HDMI stuff and everything was working well.

Then I got the bright idea to make sure it would continue to work following a reboot.
The result was curious. 
First it wouldn't reboot.  It would shut down and then bring up the small IceTV logo and stay on it. Ten minutes later, I pulled the power and plugged it back in. It restarted OK.
So I repeated the restart and the same thing happened.
Next I tried a full power off. After that I tried to restart, and nothing happened. 
I pulled the power and plugged it back in and it started up normally.
However the IceBox was really sluggish.  There was a constant notification saying "TVHeadEnd Failed" and "TVHeadEnd Reconnected" constantly recycling. 
If I tried to play a recording or watch a live TV channel it stalled and eventually produced a popup saying something like "Playback Failed, check the Log for more information". After about twenty minutes the "TVHeadEnd" notifications stopped, however I still couldn't watch TV or play a recording.

Finally I tried a reboot, expecting it to stall, but it actually worked OK.
When I tried watching a Live TV channel and playing a recording and it all behaved correctly. Even better the Black screen/flashing issue was gone.

I have seen that others have had the TVHeadEnd Failed/Connected notification issue before and I think their solution was to Reboot. In my case I suspect the interrupted reboot meant that whatever was causing the issue didn't get cleared.  When I finally managed a clean reboot, all the issues were sorted.

However, I am now wondering if the latest update is having an impact on the Startup routines.

My whole problem started when I tried the Soft Reset.  The Reboot stalled mid-reset and then nothing worked. I suspect that the soft reset is dependent on a reboot being successful, i.e. Interrupting the reboot stuffs up the reset process.

Rebooting is not something I do very often, but I never had any issues rebooting before the latest update.