Android Apps, IceBox, and Beyonwiz T2 have both stopped talking to IceTV Servers

Started by vader1111, October 12, 2023, 08:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vader1111

This morning I opened the IceTV app on my phone (android), and got an error message, and was sent to the login page.  This happened on both my phone & tablet.

Checking the Guide Settings page, I see that my Beyonwiz T2 hasn't done an update since 11:52pm last night, and the IceBox hasn't updated since 11:58pm last night.

It would appear that something has gone badly wrong with the IceTV servers, with client devices no longer being able to connect to the servers.

Is this just a problem with my account, or are other users experiencing the same problem?

** I can still access IceTV through the WWW, but all of the other devices have stopped connecting.

MD

Hi Vader,

Nothing wrong with our servers, your account expired yesterday!! You can always check via My Account - Account Details when logged in to our website.  I've extended it by a free 90 days, as we are for everyone who gets a replacement SSD for their IceBox.

vader1111

vader1111

OK... why did it expire?  I updated my credit card settings 2 days ago.

** Also, thanks for the re-up, and for fixing the problem so quickly.

vader1111

I'm still wondering why the account expired?

The account is set to Auto Renew, and I had updated the credit card payment details only 2 days ago.  Normally I receive an email if payment is declined, but I can't find anything in my InBox or Spam folder. 

Payment failure has happened to me in the past, and IceTV staff have been very good in dealing with my temporary problem (i.e. waiting for a replacement card to be issued from the bank).  However, the lack of any email suggests that this was not the reason for the expiration.

It appears that the IceTV system simply didn't attempt to charge my credit card, and thus marked my account as expired.  Why did this happen?  Is it likely to happen to other users, as they reach the end of their "free" period, following IceBox purchase and SSD replacement?