Ad skipping being blocked

Started by Ian_AW, May 14, 2024, 07:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian_AW

G'day,
Looks like the 9 network are "blocking" ad skipping.

So far today (14 May, 2024 - Sydney) no 9 Network channels show any ad skipping.

vader1111

They can't "block" it, given the way it works on the IceBox.  Having said that, there are definitely some shows which the Ad Detection software often has problems with (e.g. The Chase Australia).

Have you checked that it's not a problem with the Ad Detection process on your IceBox?  You may want to check this thread for suggestions on ways to identify/fix the problem:
https://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=7979.0

Ian_AW

When I said the ad skipping was being blocked, it was more a case of the data that IceBox was using to detect an ad had been tweaked.

But now no channels are detecting ads so it is the system.

I have turned the setting off and then back on, but recordings after that are not detecting ads at all.

A case of wait and see.

Aardvark

Did you delete the commskip_running file?

Ian_AW

Quote from: Aardvark on May 15, 2024, 05:16:06 PMDid you delete the commskip_running file?
No. I will give it a go.

Thanks.

Ian_AW

Quote from: Aardvark on May 15, 2024, 05:16:06 PMDid you delete the commskip_running file?

Well, I found the post of where it would be \userdata\addon_data\service.icetv but there was no commskip_running file.

As there was a break in recordings, I did a reboot and when it started, the file was created.

I will have to wait for a new recording to complete to check.

So, when can this file be created or is a reboot  needed if not there.

Fingers crossed.