Installation Vista 64 - ICETV Interactive

Started by impact, December 14, 2007, 09:21:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

impact

I have installed the latest iceguide software on a new Vista 64bit machine. All appears to work well.

I also have patched this machine, so I can use remote desktop to maintain the HTPC box from a distance, patching to allow concurrent users to be able to log on - that way I can sneak in through the backdoor, without the main user logging off and it continues to play TV....

However in doing this, the ice software is defined to startup for ALL users - so it is already running when I log on through remote desktop, but it starts up another instance. I can kill it off easily, but at worst its just annoying...

Whay keys in the registry should I move to make sure that this software only runs for the one user - the main user when it logs on, and not any other remote desktop user?

Daniel Hall at IceTV

IceTV Interactive starts up from a link under the "Startup" folder in the start menu.

Probably the easiest option would be to move this shortcut from the "All Users" account and put it under the start menu of the user account you want IceTV Interactive to load under.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.