Main Menu

HDMI Questions

Started by TimC, January 24, 2024, 02:12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymondjpg

On my Icebox BYO (Intel NUC 8th generation Whiskey Lake):

1. Using the IceBox remote, suspending IceBox from the Kodi power menu,as others have reported the remote appears to be totally unresponsive in the suspend state.

Pressing the power button once on the NUC wakes IceBox from the suspend state, at the same point as it entered the state, without rebooting.

2. Using a spare Flirc I could not get the the wake/suspend key (with a Harmony remote) to put the IceBox into a suspend state, but putting it into a suspend state from the Kodi power menu, I then found subsequently that a single press of the the wake/suspend key woke IceBox from the suspend state.

The thing to note about that is the USB ports did not die in the suspend state as I suspected when the IceBox remote became unresponsive.

For many folk pressing the front button on IceBox would be sufficient to wake from the suspend state, but for those who may have IceBox tucked away out of reach, a Flirc might be a viable option, remembering of course that it is an IR device rather than wireless and needs to have access at least to reflected signals from the remote.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD