Using a keyboard

Started by GreyNomad, January 21, 2024, 11:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreyNomad

Hello,

I wish to try using a keyboard as the IceBox remote is driving me mad!. Often I press a key and the pointer jumps randomly across (or  up and down) and I have to press the back button to get it to stop. Similarly, when fast forwarding a video (to skip ads), the fast ideo jumps many minutes ahead and then I have to try and get back to the location just after the ads.

I have a Logitech K380 keyboard that the IceBox recognises by noting that the keybaord is connected. However, that is where it ends. IceBox does not respond to any keys pressed so I am at a loss as to how to get this to work. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Russell

MD

Hi Russell,

We'll send you a new remote as maybe yours is faulty and we are in discussions with the manufacturer regarding faults we have had with others.  Could you send the faulty one back - just lodge a support ticket and I'll liaise with you that way.

Regarding the Keyboard that model is bluetooth and I can't say whether it will work except to suggest going to Settings - LibreELEC - Bluetooth and seeing if it is recognised.  I use a Logitech keyboard but a wireless one.

IanL-S

I have used both wired and wireless keyboards with both IceTV IceBox and BYOB Icebox and have never had this happen.

Be warned, very odd things can happen if you use a trackpad or use the IceTV RCU (or other RCU) in mouse mode. A dedicated mouse seems to work without any problems.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help