Playlists via DLNA

Started by zoszos68, October 02, 2015, 07:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoszos68

I have tried listing to music from my NAS using Twonky Server to the Skippa but after one track it just go back to the tv sound instead of the next track (in a n Album in this case).
I am wondering if it is Twonky causing this or it is something in the Skippa settings or just that Skippa wont play the next track.

My previous PVR the T-Box and even Windows Media Center had no issues playing the next track.
Also Windows Media Player is not showing up in the Skippa (I realised it was on today when testing).

Also Videos don't play the next in the list either.

Kevin

warkus

Hi zoszos68,

I cannot comment on twonky as I'm not familiar with it at all I'm sorry...

Can I ask please for you to clarify the WMP comments regarding showing up on the Skippa. Do you mean you can't see the Skippa from WMP on a PC or you mean WMP is not showing up under media on the Skippa?

As far as I know WMP is not a DLNA server and cannot share media out in that way...

In reverse you should be able to see the Skippa in WMP fine and as long as you have the right codecs installed (something like k-lite codec pack basic or higher) you should be able to stream media from the Skippa to WMP.

Mark

zoszos68

Yes I can't see wmp in my media and it is a dlna server as far as I know as the T-Box saw it.
Check this out to read more.
http://thedigitallifestyle.com/w/index.php/2015/08/14/is-microsoft-killing-off-dlna-support-with-windows-10/

It seems the app in Windows 10 does not have dlna support but as wmp is still included that has dlna support.
The main thing is I want to be able to play music, videos. etc and have them play like a playlist.
Wmp dlna showing up in the T-Box was hit and miss so no surprises there.

I will try a different dlna server on my pc later and see if Skippa will play files like a playlist.
For the NAS which is a Thecus N2310 there are not much choices to what media server I can use  but as it was ok on the T-Box I will assume it is the Skippa which is at fault/not setup properly etc

Kevin

zoszos68

If anyone has tried to play music via a media server what happens when a track is finished?
In my case it just goes to the media screen with the tv sound on.

There must be a way to play consecutive tracks.
Also going to tv sound I find annoying and would prefer silence when is has finished playing music/videos.

I will now try some different media servers but I feel it's The Skippa which is the cause (this the first time a media player has not played the next track for me.).

Edit: The browsing for media is very slow from my nas running Twonky Server, WMP Windows 10 desktop, but is faster using Twonky Server on my Windows 10 desktop.
Also it has locked up a few times while browsing, mainly while media is playing and trying to go back to the file list.
It seems in my case the Media playback is hit and miss and not reliable enough to use in my case.

Hopefully it will be improved.

Kevin

zoszos68

I decided today to contact IceTV via email to ask if they thought it was a hardware or firmware fault and was told there are a few other customers with similar problems which cannot be fixed via a firmware fix.

So they will send me a return satchel and replace my Skippa at the same time.
Whether this means I will get a replacement Skippa at the same time as the return satchel was not clear in the reply.
But either way I can survive with my IQ3 till it is replaced.

Also It would be good if the firmware update on Tuesday would fix it but its seems maybe not.

Kevin