Repeats and double ups

Started by csutak40, January 24, 2021, 01:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeb001

Quote from: prl on February 20, 2021, 11:53:10 AM
IceTV needs to be careful about exactly what it takes from the commercial broadcasters' EPGs. Nine has pursued them on that in the past (unsuccessfully, but it went to the High Court).

@prl I'm well aware as at the time my employer at the time was a business partnered with IceTV.

The info im talking about was clearly supplied to 9 (and freeview but their website is so hard to use) by 7 & 10 so it came frome a amalgumated source. I was just pointing out that icetv's end product is slipping through without the episode details in place, hence why everything is coming up as a premiere when in actual fact are repeats. This is why lisa is then manual marking them as repeats which she shouldnt have to do as their aired episode db should simply tell the guide, previously aired = repeat.
Adrian
Windows 7 Media Centre PC
Early days user of IceTV since it's inception in 2005

aeb001

@lisa or @tiphanee now  these have popped up. they dont have epsode details & as such have come back from mid week

Holey Moley Australia - 7flix, 4:30pm, Mon, 22 Feb 2021, 90 minutes < doesn't have episode details & as such have come back after being reported « Reply #50 on: February 17, 2021, 02:32:55 PM »
Street Outlaws: No Prep Kings - 'Texas Takedown' - 9Rush Gold Coast, 1:30am, Fri, 26 Feb 2021, 60 minutes < repeat of thurs night. reported « on: February 20, 2021, 11:46:29 AM » but now it has episode details. This one is definitely a repeat
Pawn Stars - 'Seven Barreled Pawn' - 7mate HD, 9:00am, Fri, 26 Feb 2021, 30 minutes < previously reported « on: February 20, 2021, 11:46:29 AM » but now it has episode details but still came through. is it definitely a premiere?
Adrian

prl

Quote from: aeb001 on February 20, 2021, 02:30:13 PM
The info im talking about was clearly supplied to 9 (and freeview but their website is so hard to use) by 7 & 10 so it came frome a amalgumated source.

Yes, but the broadcasters have agreements to supply their EPGs to the aggregator, and to use other broadcaster's EPG data as supplied by the aggregator. IceTV has no such agreement. It has, as I understand it, agreements with the ABC and SBS to use their respective EPGs (and then there are potential copyright issues if they modify those EPGs).

It's not at all clear to me whether season/episode data in the broadcasters' EPGs is considered part of the "time and title" information that IceTV argued was not subject to copyright. IceTV still generates its own EPG for the commercial broadcasters, it doesn't use the broadcasters' EPGs, except for verification.

Quote from: aeb001 on February 20, 2021, 02:30:13 PM
I was just pointing out that icetv's end product is slipping through without the episode details in place, hence why everything is coming up as a premiere when in actual fact are repeats. This is why lisa is then manual marking them as repeats which she shouldnt have to do as their aired episode db should simply tell the guide, previously aired = repeat.

My understanding is that the first run/repeat decision is not made in the code just using the series/episode numbers (that would probably be a much bigger mess than what has actually happened). My understanding is that a repeat is identified in the database by it having a "last aired" date. That's presumably done by looking for airing dates for episodes with the same show_id & episode_id, though it's not clear to me exactly how a new EPG entry for an episode is checked back against the database to assign it its show_id/episode_id if there has already been a showing of that episode.

The schema for the JSON/XML external view of the IceTV database is in http://developer.icetv.com.au/legacy/Home.html, though it's not entirely up to date.

I have no idea how IceTV's actual data curation process works.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

aeb001

@lisa or @tiphanee

Jamie's Easy Meals For Every Day - 'Series 1, Episode 9' - 10 HD, 1:00pm, Wed, 24 Feb 2021, 30 minutes < previously reported « Reply #70 on: February 20, 2021, 11:46:29 AM » but now has a episode name
Jamie's Easy Meals For Every Day - 'Series 1, Episode 10' - 10 HD, 1:30pm, Wed, 24 Feb 2021, 30 minutes < previously reported « Reply #70 on: February 20, 2021, 11:46:29 AM » but now has a episode name
Step Outside With Paul Burt - 7mate HD, 6:00am, Sat, 27 Feb 2021, 30 minutes
Step Outside With Paul Burt - 7mate HD, 6:30am, Sat, 27 Feb 2021, 30 minutes
Escape With ET - 'Series 22, Episode 4' - 10 Bold, 10:30am, Sun, 28 Feb 2021, 30 minutes
All 4 Adventure - 'Series 12, Episode 4' - 10 HD, 12:00pm, Sun, 28 Feb 2021, 60 minutes
Fishing: Reel Action - 10 Bold, 3:30pm, Sun, 28 Feb 2021, 30 minutes
Fishing: Reel Action - 10 Bold, 4:00pm, Sun, 28 Feb 2021, 30 minutes
Bondi Rescue - 'Series 6, Episode 5' - 10 Bold, 6:30pm, Sun, 28 Feb 2021, 30 minutes
Bondi Rescue - 'Series 6, Episode 6' - 10 Bold, 7:00pm, Sun, 28 Feb 2021, 30 minutes
Adrian

Trial_Master

Quote from: Lisa on February 20, 2021, 12:38:44 PM
Hello Trial Master,

Thankyou for your note.
I have applied the R flag to Neighbours for tomorrow morning and also Bold & Beautiful. We are trying to catch these in our daily checks..sometimes they sneak thru' unfortunately...

cheers,  Lisa

Thanks Lisa

Tiphanee

Hi Adrian -

Have gone through your list and have corrected where necessary. You should see the changes reflected in the next 15 minutes.

As well, we have made some adjustments to our new database system which over the next week should begin to see programmes flagged correctly.

Have a lovely evening,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

aeb001

Adrian

Trial_Master

ABC News 7pm (ABC TV HD) is picking up repeats on weekend.

Saturday 10am, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm
Sunday 10am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm

MD

Hi Trial_Master,

We've fixed the major issue which is that you had ABC News set for any channel so you were picking up the multiple ABC News broadcasts on other channels apart from ABC HD with the same title.  I have updated your account to only record ABC News on ABC HD which is only at 7pm. We still have a question mark as to why you are showing ABC News to record on ABC HD on Sunday at 12 Noon when on our guide it is named ABC News at Noon.  It may clear overnight but we will revisit it in the morning,

Trial_Master

Quote from: MD on February 22, 2021, 11:18:12 PM
Hi Trial_Master,

We've fixed the major issue which is that you had ABC News set for any channel so you were picking up the multiple ABC News broadcasts on other channels apart from ABC HD with the same title.  I have updated your account to only record ABC News on ABC HD which is only at 7pm. We still have a question mark as to why you are showing ABC News to record on ABC HD on Sunday at 12 Noon when on our guide it is named ABC News at Noon.  It may clear overnight but we will revisit it in the morning,

Thanks for updating. I will also keep an eye on the 12pm straggler.

csutak40

I am getting pretty frustrated.
Even the shows that I delete, knowing that it has to be a repeat, somehow re-appers and records anyway
Example:

The other show I stopped writing about here (as I've done so often) is the Project.  There is a repeat every night after 10, it is set to record most nights.  I found that that was going to record twice, both standard and HD
Mind you, having deleted them, they may re-appear anyway
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Trial_Master

Hi Trial_Master,

I think the issue is the Sunday noon news has same name as 7pm, whereas Saturday as an example does not.

Saturday: ABC News At Noon - ABC TV HD, 12:00pm, Sat, 27 Feb 2021, 30 minutes
Sunday: ABC News - ABC TV HD, 12:00pm, Sun, 28 Feb 2021, 30 minutes

MD

Yes that is correct.  We are looking at updating it today.

aeb001

@lisa or @tiphanee

IFish - 10 Bold, 4:00pm, Sat, 27 Feb 2021, 30 minutes
Motorsport: Supercars - '2021 - Bathurst 500 Highlights - Day 1' - 7mate HD, 3:30pm, Mon, 1 Mar 2021, 60 minutes
Motorsport: Supercars - 7mate HD, 4:30pm, Mon, 1 Mar 2021, 60 minutes
Hell's Kitchen - 7flix, 11:30pm, Mon, 1 Mar 2021, 60 minutes
Adrian

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: Trial_Master on February 23, 2021, 10:26:29 AM
Hi Trial_Master,

I think the issue is the Sunday noon news has same name as 7pm, whereas Saturday as an example does not.

Saturday: ABC News At Noon - ABC TV HD, 12:00pm, Sat, 27 Feb 2021, 30 minutes
Sunday: ABC News - ABC TV HD, 12:00pm, Sun, 28 Feb 2021, 30 minutes

Just as a heads up on this one, we have notified ABC of the error to look at getting it sorted, this particular airing is wrong in about half of the regions around Australia.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.