New PIMPmyMCE client ready for testing

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV, July 04, 2006, 10:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dberrett

Thanks Shane. 
Nope.  The padding is only applied for new recordings scheduled via PIMP - not existing MCE recordings.
Adding that functionality is possible, but more involved.  I'll follow up with Peter to see if this is something we can look into.
Thanks.
Doug 

Quote from: Shane on July 08, 2006, 10:35:50 AM
Thanks Doug.

Another issue I have found is with the padding. After a couple of days of testing it doesn't seem to be working.

I tried with just leaving my scheduled recordings as they were (with the expectation PIMP would "update" them with new padding info), and I have also tried removing all of my scheduled programs and re-scheduling them again after setting PIMP to post-pad for 10mins.

What I have found is that all programs are only post-padding for 4 mins, as per the setting in MCE.

Does PIMP constantly check the recordings.xml file to ensure the padding remains as set? Could MCE be setting it back to 4 mins?

Thanks,
Shane.

aswigon

Doug,

This functionality would be one of the handiest features due to MCE's limited soft padding options.

BTW you wouldn't happen to be the Doug Berrett of MCE Webguide infamy would you?

Thanks,

Andre

Quote from: dberrett on July 10, 2006, 10:52:38 AM
Thanks Shane. 
Nope.  The padding is only applied for new recordings scheduled via PIMP - not existing MCE recordings.
Adding that functionality is possible, but more involved.  I'll follow up with Peter to see if this is something we can look into.
Thanks.
Doug 

Quote from: Shane on July 08, 2006, 10:35:50 AM
Thanks Doug.

Another issue I have found is with the padding. After a couple of days of testing it doesn't seem to be working.

I tried with just leaving my scheduled recordings as they were (with the expectation PIMP would "update" them with new padding info), and I have also tried removing all of my scheduled programs and re-scheduling them again after setting PIMP to post-pad for 10mins.

What I have found is that all programs are only post-padding for 4 mins, as per the setting in MCE.

Does PIMP constantly check the recordings.xml file to ensure the padding remains as set? Could MCE be setting it back to 4 mins?

Thanks,
Shane.

Shane

Yes he is the same Doug Berrett... Ice have got some of the best guys doing work for them from the community - it's great to see.

As for the soft padding for programs scheduled on Media Center, Doug this is really needed, and whilst I can;t speak for him, I think from a previous email Peter sent me I think he would like it to do this too...

For me it's a neccessity until PIMP can support series recording - after that it's just a user experience issue. I can't expect my wife to see a show she wants to record in the MCE guide, get up and walk to a computer and program the show via PIMP.

Regards,
Shane.

Quote from: aswigon on July 10, 2006, 12:46:35 PM
Doug,

This functionality would be one of the handiest features due to MCE's limited soft padding options.

BTW you wouldn't happen to be the Doug Berrett of MCE Webguide infamy would you?

Thanks,

Andre
Shuttle SB83G5M (P4 630 nVidia 6600) running Vista Premium with:
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE Tuner|Ice TV Guide|PIMP|Buffalo LinkStation HD-H160LAN & HD-HG300LAN|Xbox 360 MCE

philzgr8

Hi Guys,
Well I've finally come over to the Ice forums from xpmediacentre.com.au forums and while trying to troubleshoot the Error 23 problem I decided I'd like to give Pimp a try. I've downloaded the client but I'm not sure if there's anything in particular I have to do to sign up to the beta program. Can you please enlighten me?
Cheers,
Phil

Eaglehawk

philzgr8

dberrett

Sorry for the delay.
The tricky party about applying padding to all recordings is that it would be difficult to know which ones were already done, but then were modified in the MCE interface.  The app would just overwrite the padding again, which makes for a kludgy user-experience.
I'll talk to Peter again to see if this would be "acceptable", and if so I an try to add this.
Thanks.

Quote from: Shane on July 10, 2006, 04:58:42 PM
Yes he is the same Doug Berrett... Ice have got some of the best guys doing work for them from the community - it's great to see.

As for the soft padding for programs scheduled on Media Center, Doug this is really needed, and whilst I can;t speak for him, I think from a previous email Peter sent me I think he would like it to do this too...

For me it's a neccessity until PIMP can support series recording - after that it's just a user experience issue. I can't expect my wife to see a show she wants to record in the MCE guide, get up and walk to a computer and program the show via PIMP.

Regards,
Shane.

Quote from: aswigon on July 10, 2006, 12:46:35 PM
Doug,

Thanks,

Andre

jim5055

Hi, updated to 1.03 - great work guys - now the schedules make sense  wrt labelling.

Just an opinion on the padding. I really do not think you have any choice but to overwrite the MCE set padding. If the user is running PIMP, then PIMP should have priority. After all, the user has made a conscious decision to run PIMP.

Shane

I agree - if you set a soft padding option in PIMP this should be the one used across the board. Keep in mind you can still change the hard padding option per program - I am pretty sure MCE hard padding overrides the soft padding (if it is set to record for longer anyway).

Maybe just a quick disclaimer saying what the padding will do (ie an extra xx meg per 5 minutes will on average be recorded for all programs with this setting enabled) so people know what they are getting into.

Regards,
Shane.
Shuttle SB83G5M (P4 630 nVidia 6600) running Vista Premium with:
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE Tuner|Ice TV Guide|PIMP|Buffalo LinkStation HD-H160LAN & HD-HG300LAN|Xbox 360 MCE

dJOS

Hi PIMP Gurus, why on earth do some timers work via PIMP and others do this?

(I am using the latest PIMP client)

My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

peteru

Do you get a tooltip with more info about the reason for MCE failure if you leave the mouse pointer hovering over the error section of the web page?

If IE doesn't show any tooltips, try with Firefox.

dJOS

yes, it merely says "recording failed" which is weird considering the they are future recordings.

the AFL game shown in my scheduled list was set via PIMP the previous day & worked fine. I have had a number of other shows refuse to become timers in the same manner too!  ???
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

mattg

Any ETA on when a new PimpMCE client is coming out?

jim5055

Running PIMP 1.0.0.3 client on MCE. Tried to set up some programs to record using PIMP web interface and PIMP web interface is not making any changes - ie nothing being marked with the normal "Q" symbol - nor does the dialog show the show is set to record if click on the show link again, nor can I remove any favourites . . . . ie nothing happening in the backend database it would seem.

Is anyone else having a similar issue?

Maybe Chinese Governement also against IceTV ?? (sorry - I am in Beijing at present time)

Edit: Not ! but Q symbol