Missing EPG data WMC vs Beyonwiz

Started by MoDementia, June 26, 2015, 01:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoDementia

Hi,

I have just moved from windows media centre to a beyonwiz box. (So I could upgrade to Windows 10 across the board, loosing WMC in the process)

While the WMC EPG had a heap of extra information, first release year, actors and directors, can't remove movie from the title, repeat flag, etc
The beyonwiz EPG is disappointingly underwhelming.

A quick search of the beyonwiz forum and it is clear they feel the ball is squarely in ICETV's court to correct.

I might be wrong but both WMC and beyonwiz use EIT (Event Information Table) as the EPG data (converted/mapped from the xml supplied by ICETV)

I suspect the WMC ICETV interactive can convert the xml to the correct EIT mapping however beyonwiz standard expects the xml to already be in a standard format.

This missing information has broken the previous process I was able to do with the WMC recordings. e.g. looking up additional posters information.
and as a result ICETV's EPG value has dropped considerably.

Assuming ICETV ran into the same issues of mapping with their new Skippa, I'm hoping beyonwiz users will no longer be short changed soon?

Beyonwiz forum post http://beyonwiz.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=9114
Beyonwiz T4 ->, My Rename Code ->, VideoRedo AutoProcessor ->, Synology 1815+ ->, Plex + MediaMonkey

Leon K

Hi MoDementia,

We send out the exact same information to all devices, it's up to the devices themselves how they use / display it.

prl

Apart from film Classification and Genre, the Beyonwiz's EPG doesn't have the capability at the moment to store other event metadata. I started a discussion in the Beyonwiz Beta forum about how those two fields might be put into the BW's EPG and displayed.

The last time I looked (May 26), though, the Repeat flagging data in the Beyonwiz IceTV EPG was empty (but there's also currently no way to display it).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing