Skippa Pre-Order

Started by Leon K, May 25, 2015, 12:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanL-S

Quote from: FMB on September 23, 2015, 06:15:33 PM
Mine has arrived in Brisbane. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow.

Now, Melbourne is closer to Sydney than Brisbane, so you would think it would have got to Melbourne. But, no the most recent entry is:

Tue 22 Sep 2015 22:15 Processed through Australia Post facility CHULLORA NSW

So, I suspect no chance of delivery tomorrow - the estimated ETA I was given was Friday. What was your ETA?

Ian

IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

FMB

Quote from: IanL-S on September 23, 2015, 06:42:13 PM
Quote from: FMB on September 23, 2015, 06:15:33 PM
Mine has arrived in Brisbane. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow.

Now, Melbourne is closer to Sydney than Brisbane, so you would think it would have got to Melbourne. But, no the most recent entry is:

Tue 22 Sep 2015 22:15 Processed through Australia Post facility CHULLORA NSW

So, I suspect no chance of delivery tomorrow - the estimated ETA I was given was Friday. What was your ETA?

Ian

Mine says Friday but maybe sooner or later. Deliberately vague. But it was received at the Underwood mail centre at 5:47pm. That usually means it will be processed overnight and stuck on a van for delivery tomorrow. Still no idea where it will be delivered to, but I don't really care.

gas667

My ETA this morning was the 29th for Hobart. This afternoon it's the 30th. Apparently my Skippa has moved further away. 8 days from Sydney to Hobart. Awesome.

Mantorok

My Skippa has arrived in Sunsine West (VIC) so it's getting close. That's probably about 50kms away as the crow flies. However estimated delivery is "by 30 Sep"  :'(

zoszos68

Quote from: Mantorok on September 23, 2015, 07:20:57 PM
My Skippa has arrived in Sunsine West (VIC) so it's getting close. That's probably about 50kms away as the crow flies. However estimated delivery is "by 30 Sep"  :'(

Mine is in Sunshine west as well but the delivery date was the the 25th Sept but now is the 28 Sept.
So not until after the weekend but you never now with Australia Post.
Mine has to go to Mornington so hopeful sooner.

I could pick it up from Sunshine West if it was a choice but I'll just have to wait.

Kevin

IanL-S

Well, my status has still not changed; my Skippa apparently has not left Sydney, whereas some others bound for Melbourne or Tassie have made it to Sunshine West. Hopefully it will arrive there today. If not I will have to assume that Australia Post has misplaced it. I have not recived an email with updated ETA so hopefully still for delivery on Friday.

Not impressed!

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

Vortical

Quote from: IanL-S on September 24, 2015, 01:51:34 AM
Well, my status has still not changed; my Skippa apparently has not left Sydney, whereas some ohers bound for Melbourne or Tassie have made it to Sunshine West. Hopefully it will arrive there today. If not I will have to assume that Australia Post has misplaced it. I have not recived an email with updated ETA so hopefully still for delivery on Friday.

Not impressed!

Ian

Ian,

I'm sure it's just Australia Post being slow letting it sit 24-48 hours somewhere before moving on to the next depot. There is also the missing scans scenario's where there is no scan then suddenly it's getting delivered the next day.

Can you imagine how we have it in WA?

I had something sent to me from Adelaide last week and It's still not in WA and ETA is Friday.
East Coast to WA can take a week and a half sometimes although usually a week.

The sad thing is I can get stuff from Amazon UK to my door in 6 days on the cheapest shipping option.

Australia Post's service is quite a joke, and I think a lot of people that are working for them really could not care less about making the process any better so we all just have to suck it up unfortunately.

Paul55

Quote from: zoszos68 on September 22, 2015, 11:43:31 PM
I just hope the Skippa is better than the T-Box and the IQ3.

Those aren't really Skippa's target competitors.
Anything will be better than T-Box. I expect most owners have either stuck their T-Box in a drawer somewhere or dumped it. It is limited to Telstra customers and is a terrible, non-competitive PVR.
IQ3 is primarily for recording Foxtel. I'm pretty much certain Skippa won't be able to do this.

Likkie

Well, my status has still not changed; my Skippa apparently has not left Sydney, whereas some ohers bound for Melbourne or Tassie have made it to Sunshine West. Hopefully it will arrive there today. If not I will have to assume that Australia Post has misplaced it. I have not recived an email with updated ETA so hopefully still for delivery on Friday.

It's been my experience with AusPost eParcels that the status doesn't generally get updated very much until its at the final destination depot.  You might find that the status updates with all various stops appears online just before it is delivered. 

Hopefully this is the case for you and not something else.

Cheers,

Erik.

IanL-S

Quote from: Paul55 on September 24, 2015, 07:24:00 AM
Quote from: zoszos68 on September 22, 2015, 11:43:31 PM
I just hope the Skippa is better than the T-Box and the IQ3.

Those aren't really Skippa's target competitors.
Anything will be better than T-Box. I expect most owners have either stuck their T-Box in a drawer somewhere or dumped it. It is limited to Telstra customers and is a terrible, non-competitive PVR.
IQ3 is primarily for recording Foxtel. I'm pretty much certain Skippa won't be able to do this.

My recollection is that Telstra no longer sells the T-Box. They were desinged to be used with slow ASDL connections, so if you had cable you got the same low quality video.

I suspect you can use the T-4 to record Foxtel as it has an HDMI input.

Ian
Synology NAS

IanL-S

Quote from: Likkie on September 24, 2015, 07:35:24 AM

It's been my experience with AusPost eParcels that the status doesn't generally get updated very much until its at the final destination depot.  You might find that the status updates with all various stops appears online just before it is delivered. 

Hopefully this is the case for you and not something else.

Cheers,

Erik.

Yes, that is my experience also. And the email update service is woeful. Often I do not get the 'on board for delivery' email until after it has been delivered (two hour later). Even if you go on-line to check the data is not necessarily up-to-date. To be fair, with eParcel's they only promise to update by email on the date that it is to be delivered. It appears that with eParcels they are not scanned at each step, or if they are the information is not available to the recipient.

I do not mind if it takes 4 business days for an eParcel to arrive, if that is what they promise to do. But I do expect accurate data on where the parcel is. Is it still in a processing centre or is it in fact on a truck and moving in my direction. If I want something quicker I would choose StarTrack or Express Post Parcel. At present the eParcel tracking is joke.

Ian
Synology NAS

FMB

I got an update this morning to say my Skippa will be delivered today. It's currently at the Aus Post DF in my suburb. Only a few K's away. Can't wait to set it up tonight. Bit worried after my comments on here, that I may receive a Skippa shaped lump of coal.

IanL-S

Quote from: FMB on September 24, 2015, 08:01:47 AM
I got an update this morning to say my Skippa will be delivered today. It's currently at the Aus Post DF in my suburb. Only a few K's away. Can't wait to set it up tonight. Bit worried after my comments on here, that I may receive a Skippa shaped lump of coal.

Could my problem be that I have been too nice?  :'( ;D

If the second batch is shipped to customers on Friday, it is possible that I will get mine at the same time as some in the second batch that are going to purchasers who are located in Melbourne ???

Ian
Synology NAS

Mantorok

Quote from: Mantorok on September 23, 2015, 07:20:57 PM

My Skippa is now at Wantirna Sth and will be delivered today!  :D  Strangely it also says "Estimated delivery by 28 Sep"

FMB

Just got an e-mail from my wife saying: The eagle has landed. I assume she means the Skippa because I didn't order an eagle.