BIG and GROWING gaps in EPG content

Started by Chuckles, June 03, 2015, 07:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuckles

Since the switchover to the new backend servers (and all the attendant trouble with series timers) I've noticed large gaps in the EPG content.

Over the last few days I've noticed these gaps in coverage getting both more frequent and larger.

For example, the attached images show the EPG for a subset of Melbourne channels

• EPG1.jpg is tonight's EPG - this looks pretty good
  • EPG2.jpg shows tomorrow nights EPG - this looks pretty horrendous
I used to be able to rely upon IceTV having a reasonably reliable EPG out to six or seven days in advance. Now I can't even see what's on tomorrow night.  >:(

Dave at IceTV

Hi Chuckles,

Can you please follow the steps in the link below to clear the EPG, reload the EPG then resend your recordings:
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/22198527-How-do-I-clear-the-guide-and-force-an-update-on-the-Beyonwiz-T3

Dave
IceTV Support
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Chuckles

I've not done the clear, reload & resend, but the EPG is now filled in.

Whatever was corked up appears to now be uncorked.

superblonk

I am having the same issue, followed the instructions and that seemed to fix it, however this morning I once again have gaps. Following the same process does not help this time.

Blonk

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: superblonk on June 06, 2015, 10:13:12 AM
I am having the same issue, followed the instructions and that seemed to fix it, however this morning I once again have gaps. Following the same process does not help this time.

Blonk
Can you message me your IceTV Member ID?

If your Member ID is your email address sending a PM (personal message) is safer than posting your address in public. To send a PM just click on "Dave at IceTV" on the left then click on the "Send PM" link that will appear also on the left.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

Blonk,

I cannot see anything abnormal in your account. I've turned on logging on your account so if it happens again we can see what data is being sent to and received from your T3.  Can you make sure the T3 is not recording and try the steps again.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

superblonk

I checked today and the EPG seems complete. I'll keep an eye on it.

Blonk

superblonk

Found mine missing lots of data again about a week ago. Disabled plug in and then re-enabled seems to have fixed it for now.

Blonk

flashgordonICE

I seem to be getting this now, every week or sometimes, a couple of times a week, on my BW T4

I have to manually reboot the machine (turn off and then a minute later turn on again at the back), and reinitialise the Ice EPG.

Eventually and quite quickly it fills up again.

I even factory reset the unit and re-logged into IceTV again....but it still seems to be doing it occasionally.

Never had to do that on previous BW units.

Cheers

Dave at IceTV

The cause of this issue should be fixed now.

If you are seeing any blanks in the EPG you should follow the steps in the link below to clear the EPG, reload the EPG then resend your recordings:
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/22198527-How-do-I-clear-the-guide-and-force-an-update-on-the-Beyonwiz-T3
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Paul55

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on September 02, 2015, 03:13:47 PM
The cause of this issue should be fixed now.

Clue?? Specific to individual account/device type/particular program?

Dave at IceTV

It was specific to T series Beyonwiz PVRs.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service