1 Strong (no EPG) and 1 Weak (with EPG) signal for TDT

Started by ColinOv, February 16, 2009, 11:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColinOv

On the beyonwiz when scanned two TDT channels show up as No. 5.
1. - Channel 36 585.6 Mhz
2. - Channel 52 697.5 Mhz

The problem is that channel 36 has the weaker signal and is the only one showing the EPG.  I have tried deleting this channel and resending IceTV, but the EPG still did not show up on channel 52, being the strong signal.

Thanks for your help,

Colin
Tasmania

tonymy01

You have to delete all the channels from the scanned frequency typically.    Are they both showing the same LCN (when you had both scanned in) for the TDT channels offered?
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

ColinOv

When rescanned the channels it automatically deleted all the channels before scanning.  As this is new to me, I am not sure what LCN means but on the list it shows 5 TDT for both the channels as listed above with different channel numbers and frequency.

Hope this clarrifies a little?

Thanks for your help

tonymy01

LCN=logical channel number.   This is the number that identifies a channel and is displayed when you channel surf, when you want to punch a number in to change channels etc.
So did you delete all 5 that were scanned in on the bad frequency?   (or did you mean LCN 5 is duplicated, if that is the only duplicate, delete that.   The Beyonwiz forums tells you how, hint "list", view all services, delete the ones on the dodgy frequency, job done).
Rescanning doesn't automatically delete old channels either?   Unless you did a factory reset anyway?
But don't bother, if you are receiving from 2 frequencies, one good, one bad, you either shouldn't do a full scan the next time you need to scan (and thus avoid the dodgy one) or get used to doing the hint step above.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

ColinOv

I deleted the Channel 36 585.6 Mhz bad signal channel, but the EPG still does not come up with any details on the TDT Channel 52 697.5 Mhz.

Why is this so?

Thanks,

Colin

tonymy01

Are you sure you deleted *all* the channels broadcast from that channel 36?  Is there any radio channels, HD channels, silly "Digital 1" "Digital 2" etc "placemarker" channels?
Make sure you are viewing all services with the "list" button (and choose all services).
Regards
Regards
Tony

ColinOv

Sorry, I had missed the TDT-HD Channel 36.  I have now deleted this and only have the channel 52 (TDT-SD & TDT-HD) channels.  I have resent data from IceTV, but still no EPG on TDT-SD.  TDT-HD has a very few programs showing, probaly becuase the HD channel is not always used.

Thanks,
Colin

tonymy01

Ok, next question.
What was the two LCNs for the SD/HD on each frequency?  Was it the same?
If it was different, this will explain your problem, as ICE is expecting to load it into LCN X(I dunno what number for TDT) when you are receiving it on LCN Y.
Perhaps you need to delete ALL TDT channels altogether, and do a "partial scan" only on UHF frequency 52.
Perhaps the Wiz, when it detected the duplicate LCNs, did the right thing for once and mapped the second LCN to a different number to the first (meant to start from 350), and I think the ICE data only loads based on LCN mapping.
Regards
Regards
Tony