Author Topic: Yahoo! widget has been updated  (Read 11418 times)

Offline Daniel Drysdale at IceTV

• View Profile
    • Dan's Demented Ramblings
Re: Yahoo! widget has been updated
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2009, 08:22:25 AM »
The widget should display a slide down detail sheet when you click the name of a show.

If you are not seeing the detail information then it could be that something about the show you clicked on triggered a bug in the widget.

The widget is basically a small webpage that is filled in using AJAX calls to a web services API on our server, unfortunately the widget runtime doesn't show errors to the user so what you see is nothing happening.

I would suggest that you try a little systematic investigation.

Close and reopen the widget and then try clicking on different "types" of shows, try shows that are not set to record, once that are part of a series recording, keyword etc
Restart the widget between tests and also try the different tabs, "TV Guide", "My Shows", "My Upcoming", "Recommended", "Most Popular"

We do our best to test as many scenarios as we can but bugs will still slip through the net.

If the problem persists then please submit a report to our support staff so they can log it in the bug tracking system and we can look into it for you.
Cheers,

Dan
Software Manager @ IceTV

Offline Lindsay

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2009, 07:34:12 PM »
Last night the new Widget was working properly in all respects, but when I dialed in today the program guide came up empty, and I can no longer get the program description, and recording info to open in "My Upcoming Shows". Everything else (including recommendations) is working.
Who knows what joys tomorrow may bring.

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2009, 09:06:36 PM »
Unfortunately with so many devices and services to work with we with find that daylight savings crossover day can have some unanticipated side effects.

We expect that these odd glitches will resolve themselves overnight, if you find that this is not the case please submit a report via our support system so that the dev team can take a look at it.

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2009, 10:48:12 PM »

It also offers me C31 as one of the recording options. Nice to see that the possibility of C31 is still alive.
[/quote]

Where????  I don't see it!
Cheers,
Judy
Windows 7 Media Center; Last Update Feb 20 2006; Beyonwiz T4, T2

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2009, 09:52:14 AM »
A new widget version 2.6 (15) has been released to address the detail info issue.

The issue was limited to users that have no device configured for use with the widget.

We appreciate your patience and appologise for the inconvenience.

Offline BillD

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2009, 09:56:55 AM »
A new widget version 2.6 (15) has been released to address the detail info issue.

The issue was limited to users that have no device configured for use with the widget.

We appreciate your patience and appologise for the inconvenience.

Working good ... thanks!

Offline Lindsay

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2009, 08:13:20 PM »

It also offers me C31 as one of the recording options. Nice to see that the possibility of C31 is still alive.

Where????  I don't see it!
[/quote]

I am in Melbourne where C31 is still operating but being starved by Kev and Co thru' their failure to issue or deny a digital licence.
When I posted that text,  viewing the prog. guide, I could click on a program to get details and make it a favorite and was given recording detail options including all Networks, each individual available Network was designated - including C31.

I had not been able to view the program guide since I dialed in to reconnect on Sunday to refresh the data, and the "My upcoming Shows" no longer shows me details. The later update version 2.6 (15), downloaded this evening  has not solved either of these problems.

Update 8:15 pm - I have just closed and re-opened update version 2.6 (15) and have regained all processes and have C31 listed as a network option.

Regards Lindsay
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 08:37:36 PM by Lindsay »

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2009, 10:26:11 PM »
I am in Melbourne where C31 is still operating but being starved by Kev and Co thru' their failure to issue or deny a digital licence.
When I posted that text,  viewing the prog. guide, I could click on a program to get details and make it a favorite and was given recording detail options including all Networks, each individual available Network was designated - including C31.

I had not been able to view the program guide since I dialed in to reconnect on Sunday to refresh the data, and the "My upcoming Shows" no longer shows me details. The later update version 2.6 (15), downloaded this evening  has not solved either of these problems.

Update 8:15 pm - I have just closed and re-opened update version 2.6 (15) and have regained all processes and have C31 listed as a network option.

Regards Lindsay

I am surprised and confused!  I am in Melbourne too and do watch C31, but I thought the widget only shows digital channels - I certainly can't get it to show anything else

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2009, 11:27:13 AM »
While we have looked at (and are still looking at) the option of including C31 in the guide at this stage for it to show up on the network list was a bug, this has been fixed.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 11:33:44 AM by Daniel Hall »
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Offline Lindsay

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2009, 03:23:56 PM »
When I posted that text,  viewing the prog. guide, I could click on a program to get details and make it a favorite and was given recording detail options including all Networks, each individual available Network was designated - including C31.

I had not been able to view the program guide since I dialed in to reconnect on Sunday to refresh the data, and the "My upcoming Shows" no longer shows me details. The later update version 2.6 (15), downloaded this evening  has not solved either of these problems.

Regards Lindsay

I am surprised and confused!  I am in Melbourne too and do watch C31, but I thought the widget only shows digital channels - I certainly can't get it to show anything else

I posted that I saw C31 listed in the channel options listed in the record drop down. I have not seen a C31 slot in the channel list of the program guide.
As Daniel Hall posted 6/10 11:27 "for it to show up on the network list was a bug, this has been fixed" and I no longer see it.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Yahoo! widget has been updated

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV on Announcements

0 Replies
Last post October 02, 2009, 02:22:31 PM
by Daniel Hall at IceTV
xx
HTPC, Ice Interactive and Yahoo! Widget discrepancy

Started by OzRob on Yahoo! Widget

0 Replies
Last post June 11, 2008, 11:46:40 AM