Author Topic: Yahoo! widget has been updated  (Read 11417 times)

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
Yahoo! widget has been updated
« on: October 02, 2009, 02:22:47 PM »
The Yahoo! Widget engine widget has been updated and is once again available.

More details at http://www.icetv.com.au/news/?p=984
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Yahoo! widget has been updated
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 02:32:06 PM »
YAY!
And it works... well, it displays EPG.  Will see how it goes this weekend :-)
Cool, it supports the DST transition properly, so it is nice that it just doesn't blindly add the GMT offset to the GMT EPG entries.

(Unlike the Beyonwiz itself.. which does just add the *current* offset to *ALL* EPG & timers that ICE provides it).

Regards
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 02:33:48 PM by tonymy01 »
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 04:18:29 PM »
But the new widget still doesn't distinguished between queued and scheduled recordings :(

Which wouldn't matter so much if timer setting was all working smoothly.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline JPP

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 04:44:16 PM »
Don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't get it to successfully fetch the token - keeps on telling that no token was available. Have authorised it numerous times....Deleted all tokens in My Account, reloeaded the Widget...try again...My Account shows two entries for every instance that I authorise it.....going around in a loop...............
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 04:53:48 PM by JPP »
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 05:11:33 PM »
But the new widget still doesn't distinguished between queued and scheduled recordings :(
??  I see donuts vs solid dots.  e.g. all the grey dots due to choosing first runs but the shows are repeats.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 05:14:31 PM »
??  I see donuts vs solid dots.  e.g. all the grey dots due to choosing first runs but the shows are repeats.
Do you see any red donuts? For shows that you know won't have been scheduled, like on next Thursday? I see grey donuts, too. But the distinguishing difference between the icons for "queued" vs "scheduled" is red donut vs solid red.

Offline Lindsay

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 05:27:17 PM »

It also offers me C31 as one of the recording options. Nice to see that the possibility of C31 is still alive.

Offline JPP

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 05:34:30 PM »
Do you see any red donuts? For shows that you know won't have been scheduled, like on next Thursday? I see grey donuts, too. But the distinguishing difference between the icons for "queued" vs "scheduled" is red donut vs solid red.
Peter, AFAICR, in the latter days of the last widget, there was no distinction between queued and scheduled red icons. I hope that this distinction will return!

Offline JPP

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 06:00:07 PM »
Don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't get it to successfully fetch the token - keeps on telling that no token was available. Have authorised it numerous times....Deleted all tokens in My Account, reloeaded the Widget...try again...My Account shows two entries for every instance that I authorise it.....going around in a loop...............
Fixed by self with support from ICETV :). For some reason, I had to disconnect/reconfigure my Internet Firewall. The last Widget had no such problem. I guess the issue maybe because my AntiVirus software has changed in the meantime.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 11:13:21 PM by JPP »

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 07:16:21 PM »
Peter, AFAICR, in the latter days of the last widget, there was no distinction between queued and scheduled red icons. I hope that this distinction will return!
My recollection is that the Widget never distinguished betwen queued and scheduled. The OSX Dashboard widget doesn't distinguish, either.

Offline JPP

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 07:26:16 PM »
My recollection is that the Widget never distinguished betwen queued and scheduled. The OSX Dashboard widget doesn't distinguish, either.
Well, I think it did initially, perhaps before you came to use the Widget. However, there often was a discrepency between what it showed and what was actually happening. I think for this reason that they abandoned the queued state of the icon.

But, interestingly, the grey icons do have holes in them, showing that having holes in doughnuts is not a problem pers se  :-\., or to put it another way, if non-recording icons can be made to show that (phantom) recording events have been queued, why not real ones?  And, as we said before, the Red Recording icons should be enabled so as to distinguish between queued and scheduled recordings. Without this, they're only half the ful bottle.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 07:36:59 PM by JPP »

Offline Daniel Drysdale at IceTV

• View Profile
    • Dan's Demented Ramblings
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 08:35:37 PM »
We have never supported the status of the recordings in the widget.

We have a few things we wanted to add to the widgets in this update but we had to bump them to a future version.

Support for task status requires extending the web services API the widgets are based on as well as substantial changes in the widgets themselves.

We have no firm timeframe on the next round of updates, let me catch up on my sleep, it's been a hard slog to get these done.

Cheers,

Dan
Software Manager @ IceTV

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 10:57:04 PM »
Well, I think it did initially, perhaps before you came to use the Widget. ...
I think I've been using the Widget for most, if not all, of its public release life. Anyway, Daniel from IceTV has confirmed that the widget never showed scheduled/queued status.

Offline JPP

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 11:22:41 PM »
I think I've been using the Widget for most, if not all, of its public release life. Anyway, Daniel from IceTV has confirmed that the widget never showed scheduled/queued status.
Yes, the neurons may not be connecting as well as they used to  :o. Could have sworn it was thus  :). Anyways, apologies to all concerned. By the sound of it, the ICETV Software team have been burning the midnight oil to get this out before this long weekend.

Offline BillD

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2009, 05:54:24 AM »

With the new Yahoo widget just released, when I click on a show, it does not pop-up any detailed info about the show.   Is this feature no longer available in the new widget?  I'm using a free subscription and Windows Vista.

I had been used to the old "IceTV Windows Edition" widget for the last couple of months (it still works) and it does give pop-up details.  It's useful for sports programs when the one-line descriptions truncate the name of the teams playing ;-)

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Yahoo! widget has been updated

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV on Announcements

0 Replies
Last post October 02, 2009, 02:22:31 PM
by Daniel Hall at IceTV
xx
HTPC, Ice Interactive and Yahoo! Widget discrepancy

Started by OzRob on Yahoo! Widget

0 Replies
Last post June 11, 2008, 11:46:40 AM