Author Topic: Widget Displaying incorrect month  (Read 6719 times)

AndrewT

Widget Displaying incorrect month
« on: October 31, 2009, 11:43:20 AM »
Is anyone experiencing this other than me?

The Yahoo Widget(current version) is showing today's date and month ok but the following month,which is November is showing December  - the interactive website is displaying the date and month correctly.

Was working ok yesterday

I have attached a screen shot

Clearing the cache and replacing the copy of the widget with a new one has not solved  the problem - the iPhone app is also working normal
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 01:04:06 PM by AndrewT »

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Widget Displaying incorrect month
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 02:03:15 PM »
I'm seeing the same with the Mac Dashboard Widget (2.6(15)).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 06:23:55 PM »
Well, I just checked and I don't get anything showing past today!  Unless someone at IceTV has taken it down while they are fixing the date problem?
Cheers,
Judy
Windows 7 Media Center; Last Update Feb 20 2006; Beyonwiz T4, T2

Offline JPP

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 10:44:01 PM »
Well, I just checked and I don't get anything showing past today!  Unless someone at IceTV has taken it down while they are fixing the date problem?
No, you're not seeing things - same here.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

AndrewT

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 10:49:43 PM »
I did ring tech support this morning regarding this issue and was told it was going to be escalated to the Widget developers - hopefully will be sorted very soon but it only seems to impact the My Upcoming Shows.

I am still receiving data beyond today all displaying the month of December  - website and iPhone app are still correct

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 11:48:22 AM »
The month is now correct in my OS X Dashboard Widget Upcoming Shows.

AndrewT

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 01:31:29 PM »
Same here on the Yahoo Widget

Offline JPP

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 02:14:52 PM »
PC Widget now shows correct month - problem fixed  :).

Offline Lindsay

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 02:59:18 PM »
I did intend to make a new topic until I saw that my present problem is the same as the original report.
The problem has again arisen at the beginning of the month.
"My Upcoming Shows" for tomorrow onwards 1/4 are showing up as "Saturday, May 1" etc.
When I click on a  programme's details the drop-down shows "Thursday, 1 April" etc.

The "TV Guide" has no listings beyond the last show before midnight tonight.

Is anyone else seeing the same?

Might the same problem be removed with the same "fix" as was implemented last time?

Offline JPP

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 10:12:17 PM »
As I just posted in a new threaad - sorry about that - I have the same problem here in Sydney. No data beyond midnight. The dates are corrcet though.

Offline Russell at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 12:00:26 AM »
"My Upcoming Shows" for tomorrow onwards 1/4 are showing up as "Saturday, May 1" etc.

Hi,

The last time this happened, it was a problem in the widget itself, and it was fixed in version 2.12. Can you please verify that that's the version you're running?  (The version number is at the bottom of the Settings page)  I tried both the Windows and Mac widgets just now, and they both seem fine, both for guide data and the dates on the My Shows tab. Although version 2.11 is definitely still showing the problem.

Thanks,
Russell

Offline Lindsay

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2010, 11:19:14 AM »
The last time this happened, it was a problem in the widget itself, and it was fixed in version 2.12. Can you please verify that that's the version you're running?  (The version number is at the bottom of the Settings page)  I tried both the Windows and Mac widgets just now, and they both seem fine, both for guide data and the dates on the My Shows tab. Although version 2.11 is definitely still showing the problem.
Thanks for the quick reply. I am running 2.7 (16). The problem has disappeared, probably at midnight on 31/3.
I disconnected from the Internet and the problem was still there when put my computer into "Hibernate" shortly after I posted.
When I woke the computer up on 1/4 the Widget was operating as normal. 
The previously "missing" information for all days in "TV Guide", and the proper date information was displaying in "My Upcoming Shows".
As per my original post the program details were displayed in "My Upcoming Shows" on 31/3 so the data was down-loaded but wasn't displayed in "TV Guide".

It seems that the problem may continue to re-occur at the end of  some months sometime in the future and resolve itself at the beginning of the next month. A minor temporary irritation to me but a possibly interesting coding issue to Ice.  Thanks again.

Regards Lindsay.

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2010, 12:40:10 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply. I am running 2.7 (16). The problem has disappeared, probably at midnight on 31/3.
I disconnected from the Internet and the problem was still there when put my computer into "Hibernate" shortly after I posted.
When I woke the computer up on 1/4 the Widget was operating as normal. 
The previously "missing" information for all days in "TV Guide", and the proper date information was displaying in "My Upcoming Shows".
As per my original post the program details were displayed in "My Upcoming Shows" on 31/3 so the data was down-loaded but wasn't displayed in "TV Guide".

It seems that the problem may continue to re-occur at the end of  some months sometime in the future and resolve itself at the beginning of the next month. A minor temporary irritation to me but a possibly interesting coding issue to Ice.  Thanks again.

Regards Lindsay.

It is also going to re-occur for you, as you are running version 2.7 this still has the bug that was identified to cause this issue.

You should update to version 2.12 as this version has this issue fixed (if need be it can be manually downloaded from http://www.icetv.com.au/widgetdownload.shtml).
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Offline Lindsay

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2010, 02:56:37 PM »
Wiill do. Thanks.
I have regularly checked for up dates via the "Settings" on the Widget but no response.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Yahoo Widget still my favourite - any chance for a channel name update?

Started by JPP on Yahoo! Widget

4 Replies
Last post November 13, 2017, 11:58:44 PM
by yereverluvinunclebert
xx
Widget in Win10?

Started by csutak40 on Yahoo! Widget

6 Replies
Last post July 16, 2016, 10:35:22 AM
by JPP
xx
New channels names not showing up on Widget