Author Topic: Widget & ABC changes  (Read 12778 times)

Offline deathduk

• View Profile
Widget & ABC changes
« on: February 11, 2008, 12:21:12 PM »
How do I get my Widget to display ABC1, ABC2 and ABCHDTV logos again? I have tried reinstalling Yahoo Widget and a fresh copy of the IceTV widget. I can see whats on but not the channel names, instead of the channel names it just says "missing".
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 12:24:37 PM by deathduk »

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Widget & ABC changes
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 05:48:14 PM »
I went to the i side of the widget for the config, deleted all the channels, reloaded them, and clicked "Done." When It reloaded the EPG, it showed ABC1 and ABC2, even though it still showed  "ABC" and "ABC Digital 2" in the channel list on the config side. A bit weird.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 05:49:46 PM by prl »
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline deathduk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 12:15:24 PM »
I went to the i side of the widget for the config, deleted all the channels, reloaded them, and clicked "Done." When It reloaded the EPG, it showed ABC1 and ABC2, even though it still showed  "ABC" and "ABC Digital 2" in the channel list on the config side. A bit weird.

It didn't work for me. Here is a picture of what my widget looks like. http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/5210/icewidgetxp3.jpg

Has this happened to anyone else? Perhaps the ice widget author would like to comment?

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 03:29:23 PM »
Ah-ha! I see what you mean. Sorry, I was looking at the compact version of the widget (selected All in the 3/5/All selection at the bottom) which just shows the text name of the service. If I switch to the 3 or 5 view I see the same as you.

A workaround is to switch to the All view.

Offline StephenH

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 08:51:05 PM »
Yep, I can confirm this one as well...

Support? What do we do please?

StephenH

Offline deathduk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 09:15:14 PM »
Hello?

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 04:55:20 PM »
OK, here's a hack to fix the problem:

• In Yahoo! Widget Engine, close the IceTV Windows Edition widget.
  • In C:\Documents and Settings\my-account\My Documents\My Widgets, copy IceTV Windows Edition.widget to somewhere you can unpack its contents.
  • Rename the copy to (say) IceTV Windows Edition.widget.zip
  • Unzip it, making sure "Use folder names" is ticked. It will unpack into a folder called IceTV Windows Edition.widget
  • In folder IceTV Windows Edition.widget\Contents\images\logo copy ABC.png to ABC1.png, copy ABC HD.png to ABC HDTV.png and copy ABC2 Digital.png to ABC2.png. Renaming would probably work, too, but I haven't tried that.
  • Delete IceTV Windows Edition.widget.zip, and zip the folder IceTV Windows Edition.widget into a new IceTV Windows Edition.widget.zip
  • Delete C:\Documents and Settings\my-account\My Documents\My Widgets\IceTV Windows Edition.widget, copy the new IceTV Windows Edition.widget.zip to C:\Documents and Settings\my-account\My Documents\My Widgets, and rename it to IceTV Windows Edition.widget
  • In Yahoo! Widget Engine, restart the IceTV Windows Edition widget.
::)

You may want to keep a backup copy of the original widget in case this breaks something.

Now I'm back to the nice compact "All" format :)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 04:58:59 PM by prl »

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 06:32:59 PM »
Just to note that the Mac IceTV Dashboard widget has the same bug. The only difference is that you get a big cyan questionmark instead of the Yahoo! Widget's "Missing" icon.

I don't have a hack to fix this one.

So, good folk at IceTV support, now that you know what the problem is, a fix would be nice!

Offline deathduk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 11:54:29 PM »
Thanks pri, I'll give this a go a bit later.

edit - renaming works fine, thanks again.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 12:05:22 AM by deathduk »

Offline Marc

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 07:16:52 PM »
Just to note that the Mac IceTV Dashboard widget has the same bug. The only difference is that you get a big cyan questionmark instead of the Yahoo! Widget's "Missing" icon.
I know this isn't the same thing (maybe much better!), but if you email IceTV support and ask to be part of the IceTV Remote 2.0 widget beta program you can use the new widget that doesn't have this issue, and has loads of other improvements.

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 07:05:40 PM »
I know this isn't the same thing (maybe much better!), but if you email IceTV support and ask to be part of the IceTV Remote 2.0 widget beta program you can use the new widget that doesn't have this issue, and has loads of other improvements.
Thanks, the offer's appreciated, but I'm already a Beyonwiz beta tester, and I'd rather not take on another testing role.

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 05:50:41 PM »
Just to let everyone know a new version of the Yahoo! widget engine widget was put on our website today, you should be prompted to update the next time the widget is reloaded, this fixes the channel logos not being there.

As for the widget beta testing, at this stage we are only beta testing the Dashboard widget for the Mac not the Yahoo! widget engine (on either PC or Mac).
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Offline bigdan

• View Profile
    • DJPalmer.com
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 09:27:58 PM »
OK, here's a hack to fix the problem:

Thanks for the hack. I fixed up my widget so there is a logo for NBN, and for Prime Northern HD (there is a file for Prime Southern HD, but not Prime Northern HD. A simple copy and rename did the trick).

Although I'd like to see a better version than I can muster. :P

Big Dan - finally got NBN and One HD in the Upper Hunter.

Offline Marc

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 12:33:25 AM »
Although I'd like to see a better version than I can muster. :P
No probs :)

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 09:25:27 AM »
I've loaded the new Yahoo! widget, and it fixes the original problem posted by deathduk with the missing ABC1 & ABC2 icons, but not bigdan's problem with the missing Prime Northern/NBN icon. When I set the location to Central Coast, and loaded All Channels, the program was also missing the logo for Southern Cross Northern NS(W?) as well as the NBN logo.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Yahoo Widget still my favourite - any chance for a channel name update?

Started by JPP on Yahoo! Widget

4 Replies
Last post November 13, 2017, 11:58:44 PM
by yereverluvinunclebert
xx
Widget in Win10?

Started by csutak40 on Yahoo! Widget

6 Replies
Last post July 16, 2016, 10:35:22 AM
by JPP
xx
New channels names not showing up on Widget