Author Topic: So, is the widget updated or not?  (Read 14714 times)

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: So, is the widget updated or not?
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 03:54:40 PM »
LOL.  Yeah, I used to just glance at the always (well, mostly when it wasn't playing up) up to date widget to see at a moments glance what is on and what my PVR is meant to be recording.    Now I have to always update the webpage, a few more clicks admittedly...
Maybe ICE are hoping some bright spark will just rehash one of their Web pages and/or widget to do the trick?   
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline Lindsay

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2009, 09:29:59 AM »
LOL.  Yeah, I used to just glance at the always (well, mostly when it wasn't playing up) up to date widget to see at a moments glance what is on .....    Now I have to always update the webpage, a few more clicks admittedly...   

The value of Widget (to me) is the only reason I subscribe to IceTV at all.
I received a free trial card when I bought a recorder.  I didn't redeem the offer because it had no value to me until I found the Widget.
I use the Widget for the convenience of reminding me of what I intend to record what I intend to watch live, what programming conflicts are around and how I can resolve them etc.
I have my "favourites" set to tag  "record" only new episodes. This arrangement lets me see at a glance when channels show their so called "Movie length", "double" or "back to back" episodes of "NCIS", "Criminal Minds" or "Simpsons etc which are really one new episode and one repeat. I find that to be very handy.
I would also like to get the schedule for C31 through Ice on the Widget, but ...  you can't always get what you want ...
Having the Widget show me quickly which  upcoming programs I am interested in and are on now or next is what I want.
Being able to filter search the whole schedule, for the coming week, for a program that I may want to see is what I want.
The full price subscription is worth it to me on that basis. With no Widget it is a totally different deal.

Yesterday I got the email about auto renewing my subscription which included the offer of
"Renew yearly for $79 (normally $99) and save almost 20%."  and "If you already have 'auto-renewal' selected, then you'll receive the above discounts automatically (or better if available), next time your membership is renewed."

The Widget has been "unavailable" for 6 weeks, so far, this time. That is over 10% of my one year subscription.
When and if I re-subscribe will be based on the value of the subscription, not on any price discount on a value discounted service.

I hope I am given the chance, and the reason, to re-subscribe to a very useful and valuable service.

Offline choo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2009, 08:51:55 PM »
No update yet!

Miss the widget as it was always easy to read channel by channel - can't stand the website how it's layed out by time not channel.

Can I request that widget view is integrated into the website?? ie.  Time/Channel - view by ALL channel(s) (rest of day)

....or just bring the widget back!

Cheers

Offline reconit

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2009, 08:20:10 PM »
 >:(

Dear IceTv, I think enough time has been allowed under what is meant to be a commercial arrangement. Simply put you charge me for a service in which you have disabled a component of the service. Yet you still require your customers to pay full price for the service. I have been a customer for over 3 years and whilst I initially accepted you were a start up service and therefore cut you a bit of slack regarding the service, I now find your commercial reality as a business - well poor and in some manner totally useless as delivering what was promised. What you guys need is the ACCC to investigate your side of the commerical arrangement as well as some quality competition that shows you up for the terrible customer service and the slap dash approach you take to an major upgrade that leaves your customers in limbo!

I would like to see if anyone supports my view of paying only 80% of our current monthly or whatever fee until you are able to provide the additional 20% of the functionality we have purchased.

Your CUSTOMERS have supported you, and in my opinion only because of your unique position in the market that basically is anti-competative and therefore people do not have a choice when you fail to deliver.
I think its our turn to put you on notice and I will commence my investigation in to what options that will help you start "delivering" your service and perhaps stop lining Mr Colin O'Briens (Your chairman and major investor) pockets until he get his business back into a customer comes first focus.
Look forward to your next update on the WHEN regarding the widget.

Regards an unhappy customer

Offline Matt at IceTV

• View Profile
    • IceTV's Website
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2009, 01:01:03 PM »
We understand the frustration being expressed by some users regarding the time it has taken our team to release an updated version of our Yahoo Widget.

Rest assured, our guys have been focusing on this and are working very hard to release an update as soon as possible. We are in the process of final testing and are just ironing out some small remaining bugs before releasing the update.

We apologise for this unexpected delay and we greatly appreciate everyone's patience during this time. Unfortunately the Yahoo development environment is not as supported and as well documented as the Mac environment and this has slowed down the development process dramatically. This combined with the fact that the IceTV Widget is one of the most advanced and complex widgets available, has lead to the lengthy delays we are experiencing.

Regardless of whether you are a Free Widget user or a paying IceTV member, the Widget is a free software application that we provide in addition to our core EPG service. Similar to our free iPhone app for iPhone users.

For those IceTV members that use the IceTV Widget (Yahoo version) to schedule recordings at home remotely, there is the option to use the main Interactive website (www.icetv.com.au/interactive) as well as our mobile site (m.icetv.com.au). Both offer the same functionality to that which we will offer on the updated Yahoo Widget, when released.

Free Widget users can also access the main Interactive website (www.icetv.com.au/interactive) as well as our mobile site (m.icetv.com.au) and free iPhone app, for basic TV Guide information.

Without wanting to sound like a broken record... the wait is almost over... and we ask that you bear with us during these final stages... and use either of the above options in the meantime.

We have always been and will continue to be a 'customer comes first' focused business and we look forward to making the new version of our Yahoo Widget available on our website shortly.

Regards,

IceTV

General Manager
IceTV Pty
1300 654 803

Offline Matt at IceTV

• View Profile
    • IceTV's Website
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2009, 02:27:49 PM »
Some good news... the new version of our IceTV Yahoo Widget is now available!

http://www.icetv.com.au/news/

Thanks again for remaining patient while our team worked on the updated version.

We hope you enjoy all the new features, including 'Keyword Recording' and the new advanced options for Series Recordings.

Offline Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2009, 05:18:56 PM »
Great to finally have it.

Thanks.

Offline Lindsay

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2009, 05:38:48 PM »
Some good news... the new version of our IceTV Yahoo Widget is now available!

http://www.icetv.com.au/news/

Thanks again for remaining patient while our team worked on the updated version.

We hope you enjoy all the new features, including 'Keyword Recording' and the new advanced options for Series Recordings.

It appears to entertain the possibility that C31 programming is in the offing as well. Here's hoping.   Looks good.
Regards  Lindsay

Offline Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2009, 05:48:19 PM »
Shame it doesn't show queue status which I was expecting.

Also how about a setting for default values for series and keyword recordings?

Offline Matt at IceTV

• View Profile
    • IceTV's Website
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2009, 02:02:32 PM »
Hi Gary,

I will pass on your suggestions to our development team.

Developing the new version of the Yahoo! widget certainly proved to be far more difficult than first thought by our engineers and we thank everyone for remaining patient.

We welcome any feedback, but I am sure everyone will agree it is one of the most advanced and complicated widgets going around.

Our guys are now focusing on releasing IceTV Interactive for Windows 7.0.

Offline Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2009, 05:27:41 PM »
Thanks Matt.

I appreciate there has been a lot of work put into the widget.

My suggestion for the defaults being configurable applies to Interactive generally of course as I am sure we all have ideas about what they should be.

Offline Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2009, 11:23:58 PM »
Sorry but just to the list of suggestions (and I appreciate it should have been flagged earlier)

When you click on program information for "My Upcoming Shows",

in the widget you get

Cancel  Series scheduled to record on "device"

Episode scheduled to record on "device"

and on the website you get

Episode scheduled to record on "device"

Cancel  Series scheduled to record on "device"

It would be more consistent and safer if they were in the same order for both interfaces.

Share via facebook Share via twitter