Author Topic: So, is the widget updated or not?  (Read 15308 times)

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
So, is the widget updated or not?
« on: July 29, 2009, 04:05:26 PM »
I only just logged my computer on.  Read the email about the widget being temporarily out of commission on webmail, while I was out.  So, I wasn't surprised that it didn't open on log on.  However, it offered a download, so I figured it must have been fixed since.  I downloaded a zip file.  Then proceeded to do other things.  I went to the IceTV website and changed my Interactive settings. I was about to unzip the zip file I downloaded, but saw another email: "We also recommend checking the help section of the IceTV website athttp://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/websupport.cgi?op=show_faq&faq_id=162&faq_cat_id=6 " Did that - it still says it is currently disabled.

So, should I install whatever I just downloaded, or wait?

Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: So, is the widget updated or not?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 05:00:16 PM »
I downloaded and installed the new widget without reading the whole of your post, and it's been spinning on "Please wait..." ever since :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Offline dddp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 07:16:03 PM »
mine said please wait too and then it changed to it saying it's disabled pending completion of latest version of interactive service, you will be notified when that is ready, please use website until the new widget is ready

that's the new widget that says that - no matter, will give it another go in the morning got niteshift tonight :(
Two Wizzs, a P2 and a P1

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 10:02:27 PM »
Meanwhile my yahoo widget is still working as it always has (painfully, but works)?   I haven't restarted my PC in about a week though...
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline Lindsay

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 01:00:05 PM »
I only just logged my computer on.  Read the email about the widget being temporarily out of commission on webmail, while I was out.  So, I wasn't surprised that it didn't open on log on.  However, it offered a download, so I figured it must have been fixed since.  I downloaded a zip file.  Then proceeded to do other things.  I went to the IceTV website and changed my Interactive settings. I was about to unzip the zip file I downloaded, but saw another email: "We also recommend checking the help section of the IceTV website athttp://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/websupport.cgi?op=show_faq&faq_id=162&faq_cat_id=6 " Did that - it still says it is currently disabled.

So, should I install whatever I just downloaded, or wait?
==============

The situation appears unchanged from messages here and e@mail from ice  28/7.
Has any-one got more up-to-date info on when/if the Widget is expected to be working again.
Regards Lindsay

Offline Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 01:22:46 PM »
Any updates on when we will see a new Yahoo Widget?

Offline Lindsay

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 01:54:43 PM »
Any updates on when we will see a new Yahoo Widget?

I contacted IceTv  yesterday, re Yahoo Widget and they could only say their guys are working hard on it but it is too early to confirm any release date. I suggested a post or so here or on the news page might be appreciated.

Offline Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 03:20:31 PM »
I contacted IceTv  yesterday, re Yahoo Widget and they could only say their guys are working hard on it but it is too early to confirm any release date. I suggested a post or so here or on the news page might be appreciated.
Thanks for that.

And yes, totally agree they should at least keep us in the loop.

Offline Lindsay

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 11:13:31 AM »
One week on. IceTV Support  under   "Help" tag (http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/websupport.cgi?op=show_faq&faq_id=162&faq_cat_id=6)
advises that  "We will update this page with any new information as to when the new widget will be released."
That appears to be "the loop".      HAND.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 11:16:37 AM by Lindsay »

Offline Lindsay

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 03:12:36 PM »
Another week.     Not one of the best handled upgrades.     

I suppose that not even a roll-back is possible because the new Interactive pages  differ so much from the old.

Ah well I suppose, no news is good news. They'll be too busy working on the fix to advise on prospects.   

I'll see how it looks next week.

Offline Lindsay

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 07:06:36 PM »
Another week.     Not one of the best handled upgrades.     

I suppose that not even a roll-back is possible because the new Interactive pages  differ so much from the old.

Ah well I suppose, no news is good news. They'll be too busy working on the fix to advise on prospects.   

No change, no Widget, no advice on progress.  No nothing.

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 01:31:37 AM »
Another week.     Not one of the best handled upgrades.      

I suppose that not even a roll-back is possible because the new Interactive pages  differ so much from the old.

No change, no Widget, no advice on progress.  No nothing.

Took the words right out of my mouth!   ;D  Would be nice if they would at least kept us updated of the progress or lack thereof ::)  I didn't realise how often I used it, until it was gone.  :'(
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Offline Russell at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 04:07:32 AM »
Progress is definitely being made, every day.  We'll release it as soon as possible, but I'm afraid I don't have a date for you at the moment.

It hasn't fallen into a black hole, I promise.  ;)

Russell

Offline Lindsay

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 06:26:45 PM »
Progress is definitely being made, every day.  We'll release it as soon as possible, but I'm afraid I don't have a date for you at the moment.

It hasn't fallen into a black hole, I promise.  ;)

Russell
Thanks for the update Russell.  I'd prefer to wait for a worthwhile result than to end up with a quick, but slap-dash, product of little value.
We appreciate that hourly or daily bulletins are not worthwhile, or likely, but once a week or so would be great AFAIAK.  
A sort of  "If you're not in the loop you're not on the team - If there is no loop there is no team"  feeling can develop if there is no feedback.

csutak40 - Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.  {;-)}

Regards, Lindsay
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 08:55:32 AM by Lindsay »

Offline xanthi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 03:37:24 PM »
Another week falls by the wayside!

If this had been dinner coming from the refectory I'd be dead by now

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function seo_social_bookmarks()