Author Topic: Repeated need to re-authorise Widget  (Read 3240 times)

Offline Lindsay

• View Profile
Repeated need to re-authorise Widget
« on: February 27, 2011, 03:38:56 PM »
I have had a subscription for several years and have used the Widget since joining.
I can see the need to re-authorise a Widget occasionally, from a security point of view, but cannot see why I have to do it so often. At present I need to re-authorise every second time I try to update the "TV Guide" information.

When I am forced to de-authorise and re-authorise I can see that I have an account, that the account is up to date and  how much longer I have have full access. Why does the Widget, having "signed in", not have the same information available to it?

Why does it tell me that I need to buy a subscription in order get the next seven days programming under the "TV Guide" tab?

Why does it, at the same time, show me all the TV programs, for the same next seven days, that I have told it I am interested in following under the "My Upcoming Shows" tab?

Is anyone else experiencing similar problems?  Has anyone previously had a similar problem and found a fix?
TIA for feedback.

Offline Daniel Drysdale at IceTV

• View Profile
    • Dan's Demented Ramblings
Re: Repeated need to re-authorise Widget
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 08:37:32 AM »
Hi Lindsay,

You should not have to reauthorise the widget constantly, the tokens remain valid for 6 months. You can only have 5 active tokens at any given time so if you have more than 5 "devices" consisting of iPhone/Android/Widgets then each time you add a new one you expire the oldest one so that would cause you some trouble.

Could you contact support and give them more details so that this ends up on our radar?

I'm not aware of anyone else with this problem but I don't see every support request that comes in.

Looking at your account I can see that you are using the Yahoo Widget on Windows and have registered the widget 5 times in the last two weeks.
I can see that you appear to have at least two instances of the widget active concurrently and that the labels associated with the tokens correspond to the names of the recording devices you have on your account.

Cheers,

Dan
Software Manager @ IceTV

Offline Lindsay

• View Profile
Re: Repeated need to re-authorise Widget
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 01:24:44 PM »
Thanks for the prompt reply Dan, and my  apologies for my delayed response.
I only dial in and log onto the internet when I need to so once or twice a week is my usual.

Re-authorising every 6 mths seems reasonable to me. More often, if there is a particular problem, as well.

I had to close and re-open one of my two Widgets before I could get a "TV Guide" even for today.
The second Widget didn't have any data even after 3 close/open cycles.
Checking under the "i" tab I found there were no TV channels listed at the top - no "white background" section, only the lower "grey background" section with the "Check for update" etc., buttons.
I de-authorised, re-authorised and the Widget worked properly.

As there are no responses other than yours I accept that others don't have a problem.
As I am downloading from a dial-up account and getting only 45.2 Kbps I gather that the problem is the speed and authorisation response time required by Ice's security set-up.
So it looks like my problem is more because of my set-up than Ice's so I won't contact support.

Thanks for your help, Dan

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Repeated Timer Failures - Anyone Else?

Started by Ragdoll on Topfield

4 Replies
Last post April 13, 2016, 10:40:07 PM
by IanL-S
xx
Repeated repeats

Started by prl on Smart Recording website and General questions

10 Replies