Author Topic: How does it work?  (Read 4347 times)

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
How does it work?
« on: August 07, 2008, 09:14:12 PM »
I am a bit confused as to how things work.  I've set a series to record (don't remember if I set it through the widget or MC).  Later, I changed my mind and cancelled it on MC.  It is still showing as set to record on the widget.  Can't figure out how to cancel it. OTOH, I've set a recording today for a  series on MC, it is not showing on the widget. ???  Do you need to set it through the widget for it to show there?  How do you cancel it, should you need to?
Cheers,
Judy
Windows 7 Media Center; Last Update Feb 20 2006; Beyonwiz T4, T2

Offline Marc

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: How does it work?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 11:21:06 PM »
Series recording on the Media Center and the widget (ie. IceTV) are separate.

You can use either.

If you set a series record on your Media Center, it'll show on the IceTV website and widget as single recordings.
If you set a series record on the IceTV website or widget, it'll show on your Media Center as single recordings.

We've done this because a lot of the devices we function with don't have series recording, so this way we give them that extra feature. It also means you can manage everything remotely.

So it's entirely up to you which you prefer. Please note that if you create a series recording on the IceTV website or widget then the only way to delete it is on the IceTV website or widget. The same applies for Media Center... you'll have to remove a Media Center series record on your Media Center.

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 01:03:41 AM »
If you set a series record on your Media Center, it'll show on the IceTV website and widget as single recordings.

That's what I thought, but the one I've set today on the Media Center didn't show on the widget at all.

If you set a series record on the IceTV website or widget, it'll show on your Media Center as single recordings.

We've done this because a lot of the devices we function with don't have series recording, so this way we give them that extra feature. It also means you can manage everything remotely.

So it's entirely up to you which you prefer. Please note that if you create a series recording on the IceTV website or widget then the only way to delete it is on the IceTV website or widget. The same applies for Media Center... you'll have to remove a Media Center series record on your Media Center.

This is the bit I couldn't find - how to delete a recording showing on the Widget (no longer on Media Center, I've deleted it from there)  I suppose it isn't a big deal, I am just curious more than anything

Offline Marc

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 01:58:31 AM »
To delete a recording on the widget, click on the programs name to show the sheet, then click the "X" button next to the "Series scheduled to record on <your media center name>" to remove the series record or the "X" button next to the "Episode scheduled to record on <your media center name>" to remove the schedule for the episode.

I'm not sure why the schedules on your media center aren't showing in the widget. That question might be best answered by the official IceTV support team.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

clip
New Shows - something wrong?

Started by aeb001 on IceTV EPG Content

7 Replies
Last post July 06, 2020, 11:16:35 PM
by aeb001
clip
This show recorded successfully on device Beyonwiz U4 ... NO it hasn't

Started by BazzaG on General Discussions

11 Replies
Last post June 29, 2020, 04:33:11 PM