Author Topic: Rpt Flag - Mile High  (Read 4071 times)

goldcoastguy

Rpt Flag - Mile High
« on: June 24, 2006, 09:30:11 AM »
Just letting you know that Mile High on Seven on Tuesday nights is actually the unaired Season 2 (not a repeat).

It was scheduled to be shown quite a few months ago, but was pulled at the last moment.

Evan :->

Offline Russell at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Rpt Flag - Mile High
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 09:49:24 AM »
Hi Evan,

Thanks for letting us know about this.  Should be fixed now if you refresh your guide from the server.

Russell

goldcoastguy

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 10:34:57 AM »
Thanks Russell.

I did a refresh at 9pm last night and it still isn't fixed. (It's not that big a deal.... more an accuracy thing).

Do I need to do anything special on the Toppy to refresh it or does the daily update from the PC to the Toppy do this automatically?

Offline Russell at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 07:48:50 AM »
Hi Evan,

Hmm, it should definitely have shown up in the guide without the repeat flag.  I'm seeing in the database right now that it's scheduled to air Tues. 17 June at 23:00, without the repeat flag.  If it's still not showing correctly after updating the guide again today, you might give us a call on the support line and we'll try to figure it out.  1300 654 803

Thanks,
Russell

goldcoastguy

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 11:42:39 AM »
I've discovered the problem (and I think it would affect those in other threads... e.g. World Cup thread).

When updating the database from the PC to the Toppy, the Toppy or Ice Loader program doesn't delete the pre-existing EIT. It inserts new programming that didn't pre-exist (mainly future dates), but any overwritten programming stays as is.

I discovered this when Big Brother Adults Only was replaced by 2 episodes of The Simpsons tonight. The EPG now shows BB Adults Only from 2140-2240. It now also shows Adults Only Simpsons from 2210-2240 overlapping BB Adults Only. The first Simpsons show doesn't exist as there is an existing program starting at that time in the EIT.

I fixed this by rebooting the Toppy. The Toppy at boot up deleted the existing EIT and Ice Loader a minute later updated the EIT with the latest programming info.

May I suggest that the ICE Loader program be changed so that when the EPG is updated, an automatic deletion/reload of the EIT also occurs (user adjustable if necessary).

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Nowhere Boys - Tonight's Episode showing as RPT

Started by Introspective on IceTV EPG Content

4 Replies
Last post December 04, 2016, 11:20:14 AM
by Tiphanee
xx
Incorrect RPT on Good Game SP

Started by MrQuade on IceTV EPG Content

3 Replies