Author Topic: Minor error in SBS program E=MC2  (Read 4877 times)

Offline wgong

• View Profile
Minor error in SBS program E=MC2
« on: December 04, 2005, 07:25:12 PM »
200512040930|63|65|E=MC²|9||One hundred years ago, patent clerk third class, Albert Einstein grappled with the implications of his special theory of relativity and came to a startling conclusion: that mass and energy are one, related by the formula E=mc². A new two part doco-drama series that explores the lives of the men and women who helped develop the concepts behind each term in the equation; Michael Faraday, Antoine-Laurent Lavoisier, James Clerk Maxwell, Emilie du Châtelet and Lise Meitner. Aidan McArdle, Shirley Henderson, J

Where did the  in the title and â in the name of one of the characters come from?
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 10:00:00 AM by wgong »

Offline peteru

• View Profile
    • Blog
Re: Minor error in SBS program E=MC2
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 08:19:31 PM »
Looks fine here. Are you sure you are using something that can handle Unicode UTF-8 properly?

Offline wgong

• View Profile
Re: Minor error in SBS program E=MC2 title in XML
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 01:12:11 AM »
The data I posted came straight out of the XML file on my PC. My TF5000PVRt displays it that way as well.
I just looked and part two tonight is also showing up with the wrong title.

Offline peteru

• View Profile
    • Blog
Re: Minor error in SBS program E=MC2
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 02:11:13 PM »
I guess I should have been a little bit less obtuse in my reply.

If you set the character encoding to UTF-8 (instead of ISO-8859-1) on the text editor you use to view the XML on the PC, everything will look just fine. Same applies to this web page, it looks fine with UTF-8, however there are funny characters if I view with other character encodings.

As far as the Toppy is concerned, that may be an issue that only Topfield can resolve. There is no documentation available from Topfield that would explain how to handle various text encodings. Perhaps the Toppy can not handle extended character sets at all?

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Minor strangenesses in "What's on this Week" and "Coming Soon"

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

0 Replies
Last post November 30, 2015, 11:34:48 AM
by prl