Author Topic: Prime Southern HD disappears and reappears  (Read 3964 times)

Offline Timboi

• View Profile
Prime Southern HD disappears and reappears
« on: May 22, 2006, 02:02:47 PM »
Hi Guys,

Just posted this on xpmediacentre.com.au and I wanted to see if you guys at IceTV have any solutions for this...

"O.K guys, I have my system working nearly perfectly, this is one of my few issues that I am stumped on.

When I set up ICETV, and run system scan, it detects all channels, except, sometimes it will and sometimes it wont see Prime HD (Wollongong's 7HD). Always sees Prime Wollongong(7SD).

O.K, so I thought bugger it, I wont bother with Prime HD anyway. So, set everything up, and 2 days later, lo and behold, Prime HD appeared in my channel list. It was working perfectly, so I hooked it up with a guide listing, and wow, no problems.

But, over the weekend, it has disappeared from the guide and channel list, and then re-appeared about 2 or 3 times. It is perfect when it is there, but when it disappears, no amount of searching (or uninstalling and reinstalling IceTV and rescanning) will find it. It then turns up unannounced when I am sitting there later on!!!!

Now, I must add, Prime is my worst reception channel, on indicator with my LG HD STB, it is about 85% signal, while the others are in the 90's. But, Prime SD is also the same signal strength and it never disappears.

O.K guru's, any ideas? any tweaks in registry to hold on to this elusive channel.

running amd 3200+
1GB Ram
gigabyte silent pipe II video
avermedia 777 x 2
"

Now, I have been told that the guide drops the channel when playing the 7HD loop, not when there is content.......

HELLLLLPPPP me if you can.

Offline Shane

• Vista Premium & Elgato EyeTV User
    • View Profile
    • shasam.net
Re: Prime Southern HD disappears and reappears
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 04:27:15 PM »
I have seen this happen with my fathers system up near Port Stephens, with Prime HD being there for a while, the disappearing.

I have a theory that Prime are turning off the transmission of Prime HD when there are no HD programs, but I haven't been able to test this theory myself.

Regards,
Shane.
Shuttle SB83G5M (P4 630 nVidia 6600) running Vista Premium with:
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE Tuner|Ice TV Guide|PIMP|Buffalo LinkStation HD-H160LAN & HD-HG300LAN|Xbox 360 MCE

Offline Timboi

• View Profile
Re: Prime Southern HD disappears and reappears
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 02:09:28 PM »
Dear ICETV,

I have got some feedback on other forums, and it appears this happens independant of IceTV being installed. It appears to be a MCE issue, not icetv.

Just thought I would update you all.

cheers

Share via facebook Share via twitter

exclamation
Cycling: Six Day Series (Prime Northern)

Started by andrewb2005 on IceTV EPG Content

0 Replies
Last post February 08, 2019, 01:48:55 AM
by andrewb2005
xx
Prime 7HD (Canberra) - TBA

Started by vader1111 on IceTV EPG Content

1 Replies
Last post February 01, 2019, 12:53:30 PM
by Tiphanee
xx
Prime Suspect 1973