Author Topic: IceTV and Terratec Cinergy 2400i  (Read 3811 times)

Offline Mikey

• View Profile
IceTV and Terratec Cinergy 2400i
« on: August 12, 2006, 09:45:49 PM »
Hi :)

I'm building a HTPC for a mate, and from everything i've read this seems to be a good option. Dual Digital PCI-e  Tv Tuner, and has good fairly good reviews etc, with no major gripes from people :)

I'm wondering if anyone knows if there would be any issues with IceTV, given that the card runs through Windows MCE. I would suspect not, but thought i would ask incase anyone was aware of any issues.

Thanks in advance  ;D

Offline impact

• View Profile
Re: IceTV and Terratec Cinergy 2400i
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 10:01:38 AM »
Although not familiar with this card - the MCE guide is somewhat independant of tuner cards... if you can get this card to work in MCE and it scans all the channels you want - then there should be no reason why IceTV or any other guide solution would not work properly.

So you should be fine....  The only catch you might find and this is true for all tv cards... When using an embedded tv guide like ice - one that works like the way microsoft intended... you do need to scan channels again as part of the setup process...  Many people do find that they do not scan all the channels correctly at this stage... and the hint is to try try again - until you get them all... but the real trick is to delete all existing channels, and start the scan fresh with nothing in the list (you will find other posts suggesting this in more detail )

Enjoy

Offline Mikey

• View Profile
Re: IceTV and Terratec Cinergy 2400i
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 10:41:46 PM »
Thanks for the reply Impact :)

I had read the deleting channels thing in other places, and i'd suspected what you said about MCE.. so sounds like its all good.

Thanks again :)

Share via facebook Share via twitter

angry
25-05-20 Toppys started spontaneously rebooting when contacting IceTV server

Started by IanL-S on General Discussions

1 Replies
Last post May 26, 2020, 02:37:11 PM
by IanL-S
xx
IceTV Server Issues?

Started by ChrisW on SKIPPA

9 Replies
Last post May 21, 2020, 09:41:55 AM
by ChrisW
xx
Same program recorded 8 times on T2 (NOT IceTV issue)

Started by IanL-S on Beyonwiz

12 Replies
Last post April 16, 2020, 02:29:07 PM
by MD
sad
Yet more errors in IceTV guide

Started by BazzaG on IceTV EPG Content

5 Replies
Last post March 26, 2020, 01:37:52 PM
by BazzaG