Author Topic: High CPU Utilisation and memory usage  (Read 5745 times)

Offline rkwilson

• View Profile
High CPU Utilisation and memory usage
« on: February 25, 2007, 12:52:13 PM »
Hi All,

not sure if anyone else has been getting this issue as I have found nothing on this forum and only a couple of vague posts on other forums, neither of which have has adequate answers. The best answer out there was "I stopped using IceTV" which I thought wasn't a good one.

Since setting up PIMP on my XP MCE, I have noticed that the HDD light seems to be flashing most of the time - even when we are not using the machine or even recording stuff. Looking at the Task Manager, I notice that IceTV.exe is mostly at the top of the list with around 50% CPU usage.

Looking a bit further, I unloaded IceTV.exe and the CPU usage fell to around 0% - 1% and memory usage was around 478MB. I then reloaded PIMP and there are a couple of peaks in CPU at around 70%, memory goes to 591MB and then drops back to around 510MB (30MB used by IceTV) and sits there for a while pretending it's a good little program.

THEN, when it thinks you're no longer watching, IceTV.exe starts ramping up to 50% constant CPU utilisation and around 150MB memory or higher. We're running version 1.0.0.4.

I called the IceTV support line this morning and had a chat with the support person on duty who advised that there is a new version being released this week that will address this issue. I have posted this in case there are others out there who are experiencing this and think it's the way they've put thei media centre together (as I did).

Hope this helps or at least points out the issue to others.

Offline CHRIS

• View Profile
Re: High CPU Utilisation and memory usage
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 01:44:59 PM »
Yes I am having the same problem, upgraded to new beta, no change
cpu usage constantly 50% or more, and that is without recording any program !!

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Highway Patrol

Started by Carljh on IceTV EPG Content

6 Replies
Last post October 10, 2017, 04:02:49 PM
by JayseeandDali
xx
Highway Patrol

Started by Carljh on IceTV EPG Content

0 Replies
Last post September 19, 2017, 12:54:17 PM