Author Topic: Your Experience with MCE Vista + 360 Extender + IceTV  (Read 3159 times)

Offline Ike

• View Profile
Your Experience with MCE Vista + 360 Extender + IceTV
« on: July 07, 2008, 07:19:48 AM »
Hello,  I've just signed up for the 30 day trial of IceTv, I'm currently in work, waiting to get home to muck around with it.

I'm interested in your experiences with it, specifically those of you running Vista and using the 360 as an extender. Does the EPG flow through to the 360?
if so can you Schedule  your recordings from the 360?
Any setup nuances I need to look out for? (I read about the channels dropping off)

thanks for your time

Ike
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 09:16:36 AM by Ike »

Offline dgaust

• View Profile
Re: Your Experience with MCE Vista + 360 Extender + IceTV
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 01:57:25 PM »
Channels dropping off is a Vista issue, and has been fixed via hotfixes and registry keys, or in the case of SP1, registry fixes only. There is a good thread on it over at xpmediacentre.com.au

As for the guide over an extender, yes if you set a recording through the guide on an extender it will be recorded on the PC.

Offline Ike

• View Profile
Re: Your Experience with MCE Vista SP1 + 360 Extender + IceTV
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 06:55:03 AM »
thanks for your response,

just thought I'd report back that it all works as expected, no problems with install the only problem I hit was when accessing the guide for the first time only a few channels were present, from this forum I found that rescanning and deleting all channels then adding the guide lsitings resovled this problem.

So far its really good works a treat recommended to anyone with a similar setup to me, will see how it goes for the next thirty days with my free trial.

My Only criticism is the documentation presented when installing is in duplicate and not applicable to the vista install asides from that good work IceTv.

;D

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Your Money EPG data gone

Started by pcss on IceTV EPG Content

6 Replies
Last post May 24, 2019, 02:16:07 PM
by BazzaG
xx
your Money - Channel 95 launching 1 October 2018

Started by bodogbodog on IceTV EPG Content

5 Replies
Last post October 07, 2018, 12:17:08 PM
by bodogbodog
xx
Why you can NOT get PADDING nor select a previous episode with your Humax!!!!

Started by Greg_w_h on Humax

3 Replies
Last post April 04, 2017, 03:00:28 PM
by Daniel Hall at IceTV
xx
Your TV Recorder has stopped using IceTV

Started by macy517 on Beyonwiz

3 Replies
Last post December 01, 2016, 04:39:28 AM
by macy517