Author Topic: What has changed in IceTV Version 3.0.0.8?  (Read 12086 times)

Offline zoszos68

• IceTV Beta
    • View Profile
Re: What has changed in IceTV Version 3.0.0.8?
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2010, 01:43:48 PM »
I fixed my problem the hard way!!!!! Had to reset Media Center so tv setup had to be done again. Which means rescanning as well as series to be added but all other things stay the same.

To reset make sure hidden files and folders are shown then go to "c:/ProgramData/Microsoft/eHome" then detle the folder mcpeg "XXX" x will be a few numbers the delete the data base file of the same name.

You will also need to make sure all media centre services are stopped and programs closed (including interactive client) so it will allow you to delete them.

Not really good enough IceTV
Kevin

Offline mr_gimlet

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2010, 03:15:41 PM »
Mine's working fine

Offline bodogbodog

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2010, 04:11:21 PM »
Mine's working fine
Great news - is yours a brand new install or an update from 3.0.0.7?
Reason I ask was if you previously had 3.0.0.7 installed were you experiencing problems with it (was pre padding worknig for you for example?)
Beyonwiz T2 1gb + E8400 Win Svr 2013, 4GB RAM, 8TB storage, Tiny Twin USB Tuner, Hauppauge WinTV NOVA TD-500 Tuner + IceTV Skippa

Offline tonymy01

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2010, 04:29:25 PM »
For me, I just did an update from 3.0.0.7.   My 3.0.0.7 pre-padding was not working, 3.0.0.8 went in with nearly no hitches (just had to reselect the device and reload).
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Offline bodogbodog

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2010, 04:50:50 PM »
My 3.0.0.7 pre-padding was not working, 3.0.0.8 went in with nearly no hitches (just had to reselect the device and reload).
I'm getting tempted to bite the bullet
Guess it cant get any worse...
and with a Windows Home Server backup of the client a restore is only 30 minutes away...

Offline cam

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2010, 05:41:01 PM »
I fixed my problem the hard way!!!!! Had to reset Media Center so tv setup had to be done again. Which means rescanning as well as series to be added but all other things stay the same.

For those that do want to do a re-install, I've used the following instructions previously to back up and then restore my series settings:

http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/03/backup-and-restore-recording-schedule.html

Win7, 2x Hauppague 2200

Offline Dazza

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2010, 06:53:54 PM »
Has anyone been game enough to update from 3.0.0.4? (after rolling back from 3.0.0.7 due to pre-padding issues)
Are there still padding issues?

Did you have to reset media center (the series recording backup from cam was a good tip!!)

Dazza

Offline dgaust

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2010, 07:00:04 PM »
The guide update is still working, even with the error (and failed EPG message).

I confirmed by checking when the data ran out (wednesday), then updating the guide. I know have data for wednesday with the data running out next thursday.

lukem

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2010, 01:56:15 AM »
Release notes for 3.0.0.8:

- Fixed channel matching of IceTV Interactive channel names from website and those found in the EPG. Channels are now matched using Lcn. If Lcn is not obtainable from 7MC then will revert to original matching by Callsign.

- Fixed soft prepadding getting overwritten with an incorrect value

- Dump Interactive channel info and 7MC channel details to the log after EPG is loaded to help support track down some remote scheduling issues.

lukem

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2010, 02:14:24 AM »
As some of you may already see, the EPG is actually installed OK. The problem occurs when the channel info is written to the log. An exception is thrown when trying to display what LCN(s) is for a particular channel. If no LCN is found this exception will occur and the "Failed to install EPG" message will occur.

As a workaround, you can try to disable the channel that is causing the exception to be thrown.

We are trying and we do appreciate your feedback and criticism. The internal workings of 7MC are not published so we pretty much have to figure it all out by trial and error and we get a lot of surprises, especially with all the different configurations out there.

3.0.0.9 will be released over the next few days, pending the outcome of our testing.

We also have some nice features coming up, possibly in 3.0.0.10:
- per-channel padding (incl. hard pre/post padding)
- logos
- ability to perform Media Center maintenance tasks

Offline zoszos68

• IceTV Beta
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2010, 07:37:47 AM »
As some of you may already see, the EPG is actually installed OK. The problem occurs when the channel info is written to the log. An exception is thrown when trying to display what LCN(s) is for a particular channel. If no LCN is found this exception will occur and the "Failed to install EPG" message will occur.

As a workaround, you can try to disable the channel that is causing the exception to be thrown.

We are trying and we do appreciate your feedback and criticism. The internal workings of 7MC are not published so we pretty much have to figure it all out by trial and error and we get a lot of surprises, especially with all the different configurations out there.

3.0.0.9 will be released over the next few days, pending the outcome of our testing.

We also have some nice features coming up, possibly in 3.0.0.10:

- per-channel padding (incl. hard pre/post padding)
- logos
- ability to perform Media Center maintenance tasks

Nice look forward to it oh and I do complain to easy but this week had some bad news and posted what I thought. Usually I just stay quiet lol. But you can learn from comments anyway.
Kevin
But with out comments you may not know whats wrong

Offline bodogbodog

• IceTV Beta
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2010, 07:45:32 AM »
We are trying and we do appreciate your feedback and criticism

I think the community's comments are generally constructive - it's been a bit stressful with recent releases causing new issues. I would suggest that the people who frequent these IceTV forums would be amongst your most loyal customers who care enough about the service to provide that feedback

Offline mr_gimlet

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2010, 07:50:35 AM »
For me, I just did an update from 3.0.0.7.   My 3.0.0.7 pre-padding was not working, 3.0.0.8 went in with nearly no hitches (just had to reselect the device and reload).
+1

Offline DDH

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2010, 11:55:35 AM »
I went 3.0.0.8 last night as I had to do a rescan for other unrelated reasons.  All worked well except for not getting any channel matching.  I did this manully and now all my series are showing up on Intereactive.  Yet to test the padding.

Offline Nudge

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2010, 10:29:04 PM »
I went 3.0.0.8 last night as I had to do a rescan for other unrelated reasons.  All worked well except for not getting any channel matching.  I did this manully and now all my series are showing up on Intereactive.  Yet to test the padding.

I gave it another go, reset all my channels and reinstalled 3.0.0.8, still get same error messages but seems to be working OK, the interactive recording seem to be working better than 3.0.0.7,

On the interactive site I keep getting the yellow triangle error symbol for shows set on SC Ten.

DDH, by channel matching are you referring to linking the 'channel name' to the 'channel name - ICETV' in the guide settings. I seem to have matching name issues.

Nudge

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
IcePicks - What's On This Week 13/4/20 > Hawaii Five-0

Started by aeb001 on IceTV EPG Content

3 Replies
Last post April 13, 2020, 10:24:03 AM
by Tiphanee
xx
What times are the IceTV guides updated

Started by bodogbodog on General Discussions

2 Replies