Author Topic: Vista Post Padding override not working  (Read 5046 times)

Offline austinobrien

• View Profile
Vista Post Padding override not working
« on: June 11, 2009, 11:13:09 PM »
Hi All

I am using ice tv interactive to manage my recordings on Media Centre on a HTPC running vista ultimate 64. Everything was working reasonably well up until recently when the recording override for post padding stopped working.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can try to resolve this issue. So far I have tried deleting and reshcedulign all recordings, un-installing and resinstalling the software (including removing registry settings) and deleting the files in some random folder as directed by Ice Support.

I only use ice interactive, I never set recordings directly through media centre.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - I am sick of missing the end of all my shows.

Offline AndrewH

• View Profile
Re: Vista Post Padding override not working
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 12:08:52 PM »
I have been having a similar issue recently - it happened at the same time as the SBS name change problems, and I associated it with that.  I never use Interactive, only through Media Centre, so doesn't look like it's associated with that.

To fix the name change problems I ended up doing a full cache clean and rescan a couple of days ago (including an hour worth of re-establishing my series recording, not fun!), and the post-padding issue seems to have been fixed by that - it's not fun but might be worth trying.

Offline austinobrien

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 02:09:41 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions but unfortunatley I have tried the cache clean and re-scan and re-scheduled all of my recordings to no avail... And given the overwhelming silence from the support team it looks like I will have to revert to an alternative solution (which I am trying to avoid as I really like this product).

Offline James-24

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 05:39:08 PM »
I've got the same problem, I only get 3 minutes of Post-Padding, while I've got it set to 15 minutes in IceTV Interactive.
I also have Pre-Padding set to 5 minutes, but it only does 4 minutes. That's not a problem, I just guess they may be releated.

I'd love to see a solution, even an un-official one seeming this is a paid service and it should work.

Offline leethal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 10:55:56 PM »
Yep - same issue here...set for 30 mins post padding and got 4 with my last recordings!

Support?

Offline James-24

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 12:05:38 AM »
I called support before, aparantly going into the recording settings within media center will actually reset the padding options you select in IceTV interactive.
To get it working again, reset IceTV to default and reset media center recording defaults. Then close media center and reset your IceTV settings and save the changes. Restart your PC and then DON'T go back into the recording settings in media center. If you need to for whatever reason, most likely you'll need to redo that.

It worked for me, I taped 2 programs tonight and got 20 minutes of post-padding.

Hopes this helps!

Offline qubix

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 10:06:11 PM »
*bump*

Seems not to be easily resolved via a reboot. Anyone got any other suggestions ??

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 10:42:16 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions but unfortunatley I have tried the cache clean and re-scan and re-scheduled all of my recordings to no avail... And given the overwhelming silence from the support team it looks like I will have to revert to an alternative solution (which I am trying to avoid as I really like this product).
I've been having the same problem with XP.  I have now given up trying to fix it, I simply go in and manually add padding to each show on the day it is set to record.  Not very automatic, but at least I know I won't miss the end of shows.  Plus, when I am recording a double episode, I can put on 90 minutes  "padding",  ;D I don't record that many shows with MC, it is my "fall-back" recorder, so it isn't so bad.  I have tried all the suggestions above several times, none of it worked.  It works a couple of times sometimes, then stops working again, without me going into MC settings, or touching anything.
Cheers,
Judy
Windows 7 Media Center; Last Update Feb 20 2006; Beyonwiz T4, T2

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
IceTV Interactive V3 Coming Soon to Vista Media Center

Started by lukem on Windows Vista Media Center

0 Replies
Last post January 06, 2012, 01:14:57 PM
by lukem
xx
Red Dwarf: 2009 Eps 2 & 3 did not record in Vista Media Center

Started by Mark on IceTV EPG Content

1 Replies
Last post December 15, 2009, 11:07:42 AM
by AndrewH
xx
App Crash Vista

Started by melmac on Windows Vista Media Center

1 Replies
Last post December 15, 2009, 12:17:59 PM
by melmac
xx
Removing Vista Legacy After Upgrade - FIXED!!!

Started by Svantegorm on Windows Vista Media Center

1 Replies
Last post November 04, 2009, 11:51:43 AM
by Svantegorm