Author Topic: Vista 64 Dual Core Maxed Out by IceTV  (Read 4012 times)

Offline Harry

• View Profile
Vista 64 Dual Core Maxed Out by IceTV
« on: May 08, 2008, 09:38:56 PM »
I have a Pentium Dual Core running Vista 64 with 2MB of RAM and occasionally find that with IceTV running both cores are at 100% usage continously with IceTV at the top of the Task Manager usage list and drawing about 50% of the usage.   This drives the CPUs to red hot.   By killing the IceTV process the CPUs immediately go back to normal operations and cool done dramatically.  I am running build 2.0.0.17.   Any ideas besides get a bigger fan?  BTW I have checked fan speed and reapplied heat transger goop - the problem is the system is not designed to operate continuously at 100% on both cores.

Offline sfm

• View Profile
Re: Vista 64 Dual Core Maxed Out by IceTV
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 10:41:48 AM »
I have exactly the same problem with build 2.0.0.17 on a Vista 64 machine with Intel dual core with 4Gb RAM.  The  IceTV Interactive.exe process is killing the machine, often maxing out both cores.  To bring the PC back to life I need to kill the process.

Looking at CPU usage with IceTV running both cores are sitting at between 90% and 100% with no other major tasks running.  The system is sluggish as you would expect and everything takes an age to do.

When I kill the IceTV Interactive.exe process, immediately the PC is back to its snappy usual self and the cores slide down to their usual idle state.

I would be very interested to hear of a fix.

Edit:  I have just found the new beta build 2.0.0.18 here http://www.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=1033.0 and so far it is behaving nicely.  No maxing out of the cores.

Edit2: Spoke too soon, after running for half a day it's hogging all the CPU time again and turning the PC into a 286.  Killed the process and all is well again.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 07:23:50 AM by sfm »

Offline brentmcardle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 08:21:10 PM »
Having the same problem, so i switched back to 2.0.0.16 and had the same issues.  If I run Task Manager IceTV task can be using up to 490Mb of memory and killing the CPU.  I have cleared everything and run through the complete setup again through Windows Vista Media Centre thinking it was an issue with the setup or series link etc but to no avail.

Ice TV application keeps generating error messages "Couldn't match IceTV program entry to MCE entry (program)".  Not sure if these are the problem or how to fix this, but it is making the whole system inoperable and if I kill the process the system comes back to normal.

Offline brentmcardle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 02:12:45 PM »
Got it sorted....Cleared the cache as per the followign post and IceTV is running normal again..

http://www.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=970.msg4304#msg4304

Offline sfm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 08:27:20 PM »
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, seems to have solved my problem as well (once the 78000+ files were cleared out of the folder mentioned).

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
IceTV Interactive V3 Coming Soon to Vista Media Center

Started by lukem on Windows Vista Media Center

0 Replies
Last post January 06, 2012, 01:14:57 PM
by lukem
xx
Red Dwarf: 2009 Eps 2 & 3 did not record in Vista Media Center

Started by Mark on IceTV EPG Content

1 Replies
Last post December 15, 2009, 11:07:42 AM
by AndrewH
xx
App Crash Vista

Started by melmac on Windows Vista Media Center

1 Replies
Last post December 15, 2009, 12:17:59 PM
by melmac
xx
Removing Vista Legacy After Upgrade - FIXED!!!

Started by Svantegorm on Windows Vista Media Center

1 Replies
Last post November 04, 2009, 11:51:43 AM
by Svantegorm