Author Topic: Vista 64 bit MCE  (Read 11667 times)

Offline numbskull

• View Profile
Vista 64 bit MCE
« on: February 07, 2007, 08:02:12 PM »
I Installed vista 64 bit home premium, IceGuide4MCE and PIMPmyMCE_BETA (2.0.0.2). In pimp configuration, there is no device to select, so I cant save my settings.
In "setup Guide Listings" I dont get the iceTV signal provider option, :o just the microsoft option. :(

Any help would be appreciated :D

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
Re: Vista 64 bit MCE
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 10:43:45 AM »
It looks like the IceGuide4MCE application does not work correctly under Vista 64bit, we are attempting to get a test 64bit system up and running in the office to test and fix this on, but we do not have it as yet.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Offline numbskull

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 06:32:25 PM »
It works!!! uninstalled pimp, restored Wow6432Node to registry (original registry), and installed IceGuide4MCExp in XPsp2 compatibility and administrator mode. so far its all good. I do have the mce update workaround done, but I might restore this to default also and see how it goes. ;)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 06:41:44 PM by numbskull »

Offline moocow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 01:06:37 PM »
It works!!! uninstalled pimp, restored Wow6432Node to registry (original registry), and installed IceGuide4MCExp in XPsp2 compatibility and administrator mode. so far its all good. I do have the mce update workaround done, but I might restore this to default also and see how it goes. ;)

can you please post details about what steps you went through, to get the guide to work in Vista 64-bit.

thanks

Offline moocow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 01:56:41 AM »
http://www.xpmediacentre.com.au/community/icetv-discussion-only/16504-vista-64-icetv-help.html

Ensure Media Centre is not running
* Press with windows key + R to bring up the run dialogue
* Run Regedit
* Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Service\EPG
* Right click on the EPG folder and Export to a place of your choosing.
* in Windows Explorer, right click on the newly created reg file and choose edit.
* Remove the Wow6432Node reference so that it now reads:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Service\EPG]
* Save the file.
* Right click on the reg file and select merge and agree to the warnings
* Run Media Centre, go and set up the TV guide and it should ALLLLLL be working :-)

Hope that helps any 64-bitters out there :-)
And as always, never play in the registry if you dont know what you're doing!

Offline paulee65

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 05:37:16 PM »
Well, unfortunately the key doesn't merge, it appears to, but if you look back into the registry nothing is changed & therefore IceGuide will not load in MCE Guide.

When will there be a solution for Vista64 users? ::)

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 11:26:42 AM »
When will there be a solution for Vista64 users? ::)

Hopefully not too long, we are still awaiting delivery of our test 64-bit system, there was an unexpected delay as just before it was sent it was discovered that the included SATA controller did not have 64-bit Vista drivers. The suppliers are trying to find a new board that does work and we are hoping it will be with us soon.

Offline THECAP

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 08:51:52 PM »
C'mon guys   ...   IceTV is an information service provider and a publicly listed company.  Your customers have Vista 64 bit systems, you should too.

Its a great service, but not much use to subscribers if it can't be used on contemporary systems.

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 09:50:43 AM »
The latest version of PIMPmyMCE has been released, this brings the version up to 2.10.00 and adds support for 64-bit Vista machines.

Offline paulee65

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 06:12:28 PM »
I give up, where can I download the new version?  ::)

Offline paulee65

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 07:14:08 PM »
OK managed to update via repair on the install, removed & added my PC from options on the pimp link, tested settings OK & still Vist MC does not recognise the guide.  Is there another way?

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2007, 02:45:27 PM »
For reference the download is on the page http://icetv.com.au/setupvistamce.shtml.

It has been updated today to be version 2.13.00 (in the client it will say 2.0.0.13) and it has improvements to the amount of data it sends and receives.

If you are getting an error still saying that no guide is available for your country/region then the best option is to ensure that PIMPmyMCE is running, and that on the configuration page it has "Fix registry keys when changed" ticked. Then in Media Center start the "Set up guide listings" wizard, if you then get the error saying that guide is not available, leave the wizard at this screen and minimize Media Center, then open the PIMPmyMCE window and click on the "Fix Now" button, once done go back into Media Center and click "Back" and "Next" to have Media Center try again and this time it will go through.

Offline paulee65

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2007, 10:00:13 PM »
Tried that before, even repeatedly clicked fix now.  Tried loging on the Admin account, incase my security in my profile is corrupt.  disabled UAC, no go.  Are you updating vista, perhaps the security patches are locking down my registry?  Any other ideas?   :o

Offline paulee65

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 12:42:40 AM »
Woo Hoo! Finally cracked it! The discSvc in the registry was always defaulting to https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=51438&clcid=0x409, the only way to change the data is to delete the entire key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Service\EPG] ... start MCE & setup the guide as usual & hey presto! :ohttp://

Offline wfdonald

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2007, 05:10:37 PM »
What is the current state of 64 bit support? Is it working now without having to resort to registry tricks?

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
IceTV Interactive V3 Coming Soon to Vista Media Center

Started by lukem on Windows Vista Media Center

0 Replies
Last post January 06, 2012, 01:14:57 PM
by lukem
xx
Red Dwarf: 2009 Eps 2 & 3 did not record in Vista Media Center

Started by Mark on IceTV EPG Content

1 Replies
Last post December 15, 2009, 11:07:42 AM
by AndrewH
xx
App Crash Vista

Started by melmac on Windows Vista Media Center

1 Replies
Last post December 15, 2009, 12:17:59 PM
by melmac
xx
Removing Vista Legacy After Upgrade - FIXED!!!

Started by Svantegorm on Windows Vista Media Center

1 Replies
Last post November 04, 2009, 11:51:43 AM
by Svantegorm