Author Topic: Unwanted recordings???  (Read 5083 times)

Offline dJOS

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Derek's Home Theatre
Unwanted recordings???
« on: October 10, 2007, 10:55:44 AM »
Every now and then Ice Remote schedules an un-wanted recording which is really hard to get rid of. Currently I am battling to get rid of "MOVIE: Millions Like Us " which despite deleteing from both VMC & Ice Remote keeps re-appearing and re-scheduling itself!  ???

This isn't the first time I have had un-wanted recordings appear (they are completely random and in-frequent but annoying), can Ice please investigate?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 11:40:19 AM by djos »
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

Offline dJOS

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Derek's Home Theatre
Re: Unwanted recordings???
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 04:26:44 PM »
and this week Im getting "Tasmanian Devil: The Fast And Furious Life Of Errol Flynn" Despite never having selected it to be recorded and despite earlier today telling Remote to remove the item, it is now back in my list already!!!

Can Ice please check this out?

Offline dJOS

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Derek's Home Theatre
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 03:46:48 PM »
Ok so ive gotten annoyed now as the 7pm ABC news has also decided to start recording on my media centre!! so this morning I removed the ICE client, restarted my pc and re-installed it after also deleting everything in the appdata folder (i kept a copy of channelinfo.bin).

Anyway I put the channel file back, fired up ICE, re-ran the Guide setup in VMC etc and nothing, after an hour none of the queued up items had been set by remote so I stopped ICE and removed the channelinfo.bin file thinking that maybe this will help if it re-dl's it?? anyway after about 6+ hours it doesn't seem to have made any difference. admittedly im at work atm and cant check to see if the ice client has been able to re-dl it.

Im really not impressed with the last few versions of the ICE Interactive client - this was a new Vista build last week that this has hapened on and it's not the first time ... i re-build my VMC box a fair bit due to experimentation and I only ever have trouble with the ICE client .... It's so god dam unreliable!!!! sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and has to be re-installed a couple of times before it starts working properly!!  ???

The only part of the ICE Client that actually works 100% of the time is the Guide.

Offline dJOS

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Derek's Home Theatre
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 04:25:49 PM »
Ok I un-installed the client, re-installed the client and didn't re-run the Guide setup in VMC and now everything seems to be perfect.  ::)

Offline dJOS

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Derek's Home Theatre
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 08:58:55 AM »
Ok I thought the problems was solved but it isn't!!!!

I now have "MOVIE: The Red Shoes" in my record list !!!!  ???

Can you guys please at least let me know if you are going to investigate? im getting at least 1 phantom recording per week now and it is pissing me off!  >:(

Im the only one who set recording on my media centre as the GF just tells me what she wants and I setup "series" so I know it isn't user error. I've been a long time user of ICE (early toppy 5k + icebox adopter) and supporter and I'd really appreciate at least an acknowledgment of my problem!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 09:01:55 AM by djos »

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 04:28:28 PM »
Sorry for the delay.

We have been looking into it, and hope to have it nailed soon, if you do get any more phantom recordings show up please let us know straight away with as many details as possible via email on support@icetv.com.au. There more we get the easier it will be to find the cause.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Offline dJOS

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Derek's Home Theatre
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 06:44:56 PM »
Thanks for a response Daniel.

I hate to be a pain but when if you guys are looking into something it would be really nice to at least get an acknowledgment - otherwise it feels like we are being ignored.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 06:46:52 PM by djos »

Offline SoreGums

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 11:51:27 PM »
I'm getting this as well.
For some reason "A Current Affair" is being recorded.
I did have it setup to record but have deleted it now from Remote.

I also keep getting recordings of the Cricket as well - I would NEVER ever record cricket ;)

Offline kitconstable

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 02:15:01 PM »
Hi, I seem to have exactly the same problem. I'm emailing this through to support as well as posting here.

I've had a few issues with programs queueing but then failing to record on my vista pc, so I've deleted the contents of the AppData tasks folder but have yet to try and update the IceTV interactive program. I waiting for my ADSL to be reconected following a house move so to update the program guide and scheduled recordings I need to connect using my 3G mobile so I'm trying to make sure everything is right in 'remote' on the website (from work) before I conect up (at home).

When I look under 'series' all the settings are correct though some of the programs aren't queued and when I view in 'scheduled' I get extra programs (currently 'Lewis'' at 8.45 Sat 5/4/08 on 7, and 'Moment of Truth' at 7.30 Tues 8/4/08 on Nine) and some of my series recordings don't appear (Top Gear, Robin Hood). What I have found is if I delete the rogue scheduled recordings, new programs appear in my scheduled recordings and other of my series recordings disappear. If I go to the TV guide (on your website) and select the episode of the series recording that fails to appear in schedule and tell it to record, it will queue again, but another unwanted recording appears and one of the other series recording disappears.

If I do update IceTV interactive at home I do get these unwanted programs in my record schedule and the series recordngs that don't appear in the scheduled tab don't appear on my PC.

I think this has been happening for a while but I've not noticed so much as the recordings have been failing because of the corrupted tasks issue.

Currently I've gone back to scheduling recordings directly from the guide in media center as this seem a lot more reliable, but I'd much prefer to use your service if it worked as it was supposed to.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Unwanted Skippa

Started by davpom on General Discussions

2 Replies
Last post December 18, 2015, 01:11:31 PM
by nis200sx