Author Topic: Remote not showing the shows I've set to record  (Read 4140 times)

Offline OzRob

• View Profile
Remote not showing the shows I've set to record
« on: April 03, 2008, 02:37:53 PM »
I have a HTPC running Vista Media Center. I occasionally use the IceTV Remote functionality to check which shows are set to record. For the last couple of weeks shows set to record have not had the icon displayed in the Remote's guide nor do they appear in My Upcoming Shows, which is blank. My HTPC appears to updating the guide info normally and correctly as it always has - at 2am every morning.

Up until this glitch the Remote function on the website has been working without a problem since I setup the HTPC (several month's ago now). There have been no changes to my HTPC in that time. I manually install Vista updates, but have not done this anytime in the last few weeks, and I have not upgraded to the newly-released Vista SP1 yet. So my HTPC should be functionally the same as it was when the Remote was working.

Anyone got an ideas.

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
Re: Remote not showing the shows I've set to record
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 03:40:11 PM »
First option is to run through the steps at http://www.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=970.msg4304#msg4304 to clear out the existing cached tasks to see if that starts the updates from happening again.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Offline OzRob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 04:07:48 PM »
First option is to run through the steps at http://www.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=970.msg4304#msg4304 to clear out the existing cached tasks to see if that starts the updates from happening again.

Thanks. I've already tried this. No joy  :(

In the Ice Interactive app log the 'Send to server' and 'Get from server' commands seem to return an error like "Command rejected by server because it is made too often". Sounds like it's some sort of DoS protection kicking in, or perhaps the server is overloaded.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 04:09:58 PM by OzRob »

Offline Russell at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 06:50:19 AM »
Hi Rob,

I checked your account and tried to spot a problem, but it's as you said, there are no recordings on the server.  I've setup a special log file to watch the messages from your PVR when it connects to our server, so could you please setup a couple more shows and then restart the IceTV Remote client to get it to update with us again?  Note that to fully close the client program, you'll need to right-click on its icon in the system tray, down by the clock, and then select "Exit".  Then you can restart it from the Start menu and it should update the server after a minute or so.

Thanks -- we'll keep an eye on it and see if we can find more clues.

Russell

Offline OzRob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 04:26:03 PM »
Hi Rob,

I checked your account and tried to spot a problem, but it's as you said, there are no recordings on the server.  I've setup a special log file to watch the messages from your PVR when it connects to our server, so could you please setup a couple more shows and then restart the IceTV Remote client to get it to update with us again?  Note that to fully close the client program, you'll need to right-click on its icon in the system tray, down by the clock, and then select "Exit".  Then you can restart it from the Start menu and it should update the server after a minute or so.

Thanks -- we'll keep an eye on it and see if we can find more clues.

Russell

Thanks for your interest. I did what you suggested. Yesterday afternood around 6pm I exited the IceInteractive app and restarted it. I haven't set up any additional recordings, but the VMC guide shows Underbelly (CH9@8:30pm) and Newstopia (SBS@10:00pm) set to record tonight. I have just checked Remote a few minutes ago and neither of the shows is listed.

When I look in the IceInteractive log I see errors that say something like "IM_Get_... rejected by server because the request has been made too often." These happen every fifteen minutes as the app tries to do an update.

Offline Russell at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 06:08:04 PM »
Hi Rob,

I think we may have fixed this one. ;D

We found a bug on the server that would have caused some recordings to not be stored correctly when they were sent up from your PVR.  This should be fixed now, so hopefully after you restart your IceTV Remote client and let it update with the server, you should see the recordings on the web site.  Let me know what you find...

Thanks for the help!

Russell

Offline OzRob

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 09:01:58 AM »
Hi Russel, everything looks to be working again  :) Thanks for your help. I'll keep an eye on it and test a bit more thoroughly over the weekend.

Offline Russell at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 02:25:33 AM »
Great news, Rob!  Thanks for letting us know.

Russell

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Skippa remote control needed RCU

Started by Ricci on SKIPPA

1 Replies
Last post March 14, 2019, 08:59:35 PM
by bodogbodog
xx
WANTED Skippa remote

Started by Ricci on SKIPPA

0 Replies