Author Topic: Problems viewing SBS  (Read 2867 times)

mnoble

Problems viewing SBS
« on: September 15, 2008, 05:32:25 PM »
I've been using IceTV (in Adelaide) for a few weeks now, and I'm having problems viewing SBS in Vista Media Center. Basically, I scanned the channels & setup the guide, and everything was working PERFECTLY.

After a few days however, I could no longer view any of the SBS channels, even though the guide still showed the channels. Vista basically seemed to think there was no signal for these channels. Signal reception is NOT the problem, since if I re-scan the channels and setup Guide again, everything is fine. That is, until it stops working again (a day or so later), and I can only fix the problem by repeating the process.

I heard that this may be an issue with Registry settings, but I can't find details of what to do. Anyone else had this problem & found the solution? Thanks in advance!

mnoble

Re: Problems viewing SBS
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 01:00:56 PM »
I came across this, which looks like it may fix the issue (based on what others have stated in newsgroups):
http://www.xpmediacentre.com.au/community/downloads.php?do=file&id=182

Offline OzRob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 01:46:19 PM »
Yes. This patch is essential for a stable guide in VMC.

mnoble

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 05:56:17 PM »
Yep, that has fixed the problem.

If Microsoft want Vista to take off as a viable option for the masses, they really need to sort out this sort of thing. The average person probably won't be bothered stuffing around, when there are "off the shelf" PVR boxes that just WORK without all the tweaking. I only went down the Vista route because I want a box that I can integrate everything including free-to-air satellite. It looks like I'm going to have to do a complete re-install and installation of a special Vista "TV pack" that has support for DVB-S. I'm hoping that I can somehow integrate the satellite Guide with the Ice guide, but I'm not sure if it will be possible.

mnoble

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 10:09:33 AM »
hmm, it looks like Ice doesn't work with the new Vista "TV Pack" (Fiji). Maybe I'll wait a while...

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
SEAL Team & Hawaii Five-O problems with my Beyonwiz

Started by vader1111 on General Discussions

1 Replies
Last post June 27, 2019, 04:07:47 PM
by prl
xx
Manual Channel Tuning Problems

Started by Wills13 on General Discussions

0 Replies
Last post January 23, 2019, 10:37:23 PM