Author Topic: PIMPmyMCE for Vista (version 2.04.00) ready for testing  (Read 15554 times)

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
Re: PIMPmyMCE for Vista (version 2.04.00) ready for testing
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2007, 01:43:24 PM »
Hi Andy,

When you receive the error and then go back into the PIMPmyMCE configuration screen, is the option for "Fix registry keys when changed" still ticked?

And just to confirm is the PIMPmyMCE application left running all the time?
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2007, 04:34:07 PM »
Following my personal breakthrough in configuring PIMPmyMCE (above) I was able to select and record several programs using the guide.

However, when I came back to MCE the next morning, all the channel setup was scrambled, and some were duplicated.  :(

Anyone else had a similar experience with the Beta ?

Regards, mcphzgig

When this happened the first time, had you changed the channel order at all?

And then after setting it back up did you leave the channel order as scanned and just disable the channels you didn't want?

Offline aswigon

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2007, 12:54:30 AM »
I am having a problem with PIMP not extending my recordings with the pre and post soft padding times. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Offline dr4gon

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2007, 10:58:07 PM »
Hi everyone,

I have ICETV for vista MCE working properly but i can't get PIMP my MCE to save settings.

This occurs becuase it wants me to choose a device which is located under the username and password section.
The problem is there are no deivces to choose.  Can anyone help me on this issue because i can't sychronise it with MCE.

Offline Russell at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2007, 12:32:07 AM »
Hi everyone,

I have ICETV for vista MCE working properly but i can't get PIMP my MCE to save settings.

This occurs becuase it wants me to choose a device which is located under the username and password section.
The problem is there are no deivces to choose.  Can anyone help me on this issue because i can't sychronise it with MCE.

Hi,

From looking at your account, it seems that you don't have any devices listed in the system.  Try this: go to the PIMP part of the IceTV web site, login with your IceTV User ID and Password, click on Options, and then create a device.  Then hopefully the PIMP client on MCE will sync up with it and find the devices.

http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webpimp.cgi

Russell

Offline Andy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2007, 10:46:37 AM »
Hi Andy,

When you receive the error and then go back into the PIMPmyMCE configuration screen, is the option for "Fix registry keys when changed" still ticked?

And just to confirm is the PIMPmyMCE application left running all the time?

Hi Daniel,

I'm not one to tinker so presume that the checkbox is still ticked. Will check tonight. PIMP is running at all times, as is my Media Centre now that Vista is installed  ;D

Just happy to have a Guide that works!

Cheers,

Andy

Offline Andy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2007, 11:12:51 AM »
Hi Daniel,

Just to confirm all of my checkboxes are checked. Have the guide downloading at 7pm.

Still getting the "Not for your region message" a fair few times, but the guide is working and updating fine.

Like I said, it's not an issue for me, but thought I should give the feedback given this is a beta.

Cheers,

Andy

Share via facebook Share via twitter