Author Topic: PIMP Series Option Problem  (Read 5288 times)

Offline mcarter

• View Profile
PIMP Series Option Problem
« on: January 03, 2007, 09:43:04 AM »
I can program a series without problem and all of the episodes currently in the guide will be queued for recording. However, as new episodes are added to the guide they are not queued. If I go to the series tab and click on "Update", additional available episodes will then be queued - but this rather defeats the purpose of a series option! Am I missing anything? Using EyeTV 2.3.3 on an iMac.

Offline Russell at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: PIMP Series Option Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 11:12:13 AM »
Hi there,

Thanks for reporting this, we weren't aware of it.  We'll definitely look into it and get it fixed.  It should be automatic, as you mentioned.

Thanks,
Russell

Offline mcarter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 11:17:01 PM »
Not sure if you made changes at your end but series recordings are now being queued as expected. The series recording option is a great value added feature of IceTV. Keep up the good work!

A suggestion. It would be good to be able to automatically list and optionally record upcoming programs of a particular genre (e.g., science fiction, natural history). Perhaps this is something you could consider for the future?

Offline Mantorok

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 06:55:29 AM »
This problem seems to be happening again.

I've got Smallville set as a Series Record.  Its correctly picked up Monday's episode (8-Jan) but not the 2 episodes on Friday (12-Jan).
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 11:49:39 AM by Mantorok »

Offline Marc

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 03:13:05 PM »
This problem seems to be happening again.

I've got Smallville set as a Series Record.  Its correctly picked up Monday's episode (8-Jan) but not the 2 episodes on Friday (12-Jan).
Thanks. The guys are working on series as we speak.

Perhaps this is something you could consider for the future?
We have something similar on the cards. PIMP will certainly be expanded as far as we can take it. :)

Offline mcarter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 07:33:05 PM »
Good that you are working on PIMP. I spoke too soon about my problem being fixed. Series programs stopped being automatically added again after Thu 11/2. Hope it is working soon.

Offline Russell at IceTV

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 07:58:51 AM »
Ok guys, we've updated the PIMP web pages to address some of the issues we've been seeing lately with series recordings.  Please take a look and see if you're still having problems.  One thing we're aware of as a "known bug" is that sometimes when you create a new series recording, it fails to schedule shows that are 7 days ahead -- so it'll schedule everything up through 6 days in the future, but not the shows on the 7th day.  We're working on that problem now.

If you see more problems, please let us know specifically what you're seeing (screenshots are great, but not required) and also please include your User ID, and the dates and times of the shows if appropriate.

We're still working on several things to try to make the series feature more powerful.

Thanks!
Russell

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
what happens if you request eyetv and pimp both to record the same programme ?

Started by sunfish on EyeTV

8 Replies
Last post May 27, 2008, 12:19:30 AM
by sunfish
xx
My PIMP 2.0.0.16 "Crashes" on Vista

Started by Shane on Windows Vista Media Center

2 Replies
Last post March 19, 2008, 09:54:31 AM
by Daniel Hall at IceTV
question
Repeating errors in my PIMP's event log