Author Topic: PIMP, MCE & Xbox360  (Read 3578 times)

Offline aswigon

• View Profile
PIMP, MCE & Xbox360
« on: July 06, 2006, 08:59:49 PM »
Has anyone else noticed problems with their 360 contacting MCE after PIMP has been installed and left running.

I have noticed that after a day or so my 360 is unable to connect until I reboot my MCE machine. PIMP seems to also show some errors in the logging and the timing of the failure seems to correspond to PIMP forcing a guide update.

Anyone got any ideas?

Offline Shane

• Vista Premium & Elgato EyeTV User
    • View Profile
    • shasam.net
Re: PIMP, MCE & Xbox360
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 11:37:17 PM »
I've had this issue as well and have provided some dumps from my Event Viewer to the Ice team.

Try turning off the "Guide Updates" option in PIMP for the moment - the "Guide Fixes" and "Recording Overrides" work fine so you can leave them enabled.

Regards,
Shane.
Shuttle SB83G5M (P4 630 nVidia 6600) running Vista Premium with:
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE Tuner|Ice TV Guide|PIMP|Buffalo LinkStation HD-H160LAN & HD-HG300LAN|Xbox 360 MCE

Offline aswigon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 09:28:48 AM »
I am actually not sure that it is the guide update now. It looks more like the guide fix that is causing the problem.

It is as though when it kills and restarts the services that it is missing something as far as the 360 goes???

Offline Shane

• Vista Premium & Elgato EyeTV User
    • View Profile
    • shasam.net
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 09:57:56 AM »
I do my DVB Fix early in the morning - about 5am. So far I have had no issues with 1.0.0.1 allowing the 360 to connect after the script has run.

The more I think about it - The script that is run doesn't actually do anything to the Remote Desktop services that the 360 uses - it purely just shuts down all of the E-Home (MCE) services and restarts them.

Are you running the DVB fix whilst the 360 is connected? That may be a problem... I haven't tried it.

The only thing I don't run at the moment is the "Guide Updates" option in PIMP, although I have given my word to the Ice Team that I will test that again now that 1.0.0.1 splits the DVB fix out seperately.

Regards,
Shane.

Offline aswigon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 10:03:58 AM »
I will try it again today without the guide update on and see what happens. The 360 isn't on when the DVB fix is running.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 10:06:02 AM by aswigon »

Share via facebook Share via twitter