Author Topic: Padding Problem  (Read 3470 times)

Offline JMatthews

• View Profile
Padding Problem
« on: February 25, 2009, 10:38:17 AM »
Sometimes when i record back to back shows the 20min padding i have set doesn't work which as im sure most of you know can mean missing the end of the show.

Offline OzRob

• View Profile
Re: Padding Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 05:22:04 PM »
The padding set by the IceInteractive app is what's called 'soft' padding, ie. it can be discounted if Windows Media Center thinks it needs the tuner for something else. When you do back-to-back shows on the same channel Media Center will, for some reason, always remove the padding, stop the first show at the scheduled stop time and start recording the second show with the same tuner, even if you have two tuners and the second tuner is spare.

This is of course useful when you've only got one tuner and want to record stuff on different channels back-to-back, but can be a pain when you have two tuners.

The way around this is to manually set padding for a show or series using the Advanced Record features in Media Center (highlight the show in the guide, press the Info button and select Advanced Record). This lets you set padding for just that show, and this time the padding is 'hard' in that it can't be ignored. If you set padding this way, to record back-to-back shows on the same channel you will need two tuners, and both will be in use during the padding period so you won't be able to watch anything else 'live' during this period.

Offline wired

• View Profile
Re: Padding Problem
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 03:33:04 PM »
I understand the issue with soft padding and how VMC works with back to back shows but shouldn't the the second show have the padding applied? in my case the second show(last one to record) finishes on time with no padding (even more anoying).

This happens from time to time with single show recordings, randomly starts and finishes with no padding. I.e. i can have two recordings each on different channels one will record with pre and post padding the other will start and finish on time.

I set most of my recordings via the guide in VMC only a small number from the web or phone

let me know if anyone has had this issue

Vista SP1, 3 tunners

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
"Encore" of Paddington Station shown as new

Started by prl on IceTV EPG Content

5 Replies
Last post August 08, 2018, 03:07:16 PM
by prl
xx
Why you can NOT get PADDING nor select a previous episode with your Humax!!!!

Started by Greg_w_h on Humax

3 Replies
Last post April 04, 2017, 03:00:28 PM
by Daniel Hall at IceTV
xx
Padding not being added

Started by Greg_w_h on Humax

10 Replies
Last post May 09, 2017, 02:18:25 PM
by MD
xx
Skippa Time Padding