Author Topic: Interactive with Four Tuners  (Read 2227 times)

Offline cam

• View Profile
Interactive with Four Tuners
« on: April 17, 2010, 10:35:02 AM »
I'm using four tuners in my Win7 box (two dual tuner cards).  I use IceTV for guide data, however use Win7 to set all my timers.  I've done this because I found Interactive was quite poor at setting the timers.  It would often miss stuff that I'd asked it to record.

I notice that when I look at My Upcoming Shows on the IceTV web page, it lists some of the shows that my Win7 box will record, but not all.  I wonder if this is because IceTV doesn't understand four tuners very well.

Is anyone else out there using four tuners on Win7 and noticed similar issue?
Win7, 2x Hauppague 2200

Offline mr_gimlet

• View Profile
Re: Interactive with Four Tuners
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 08:53:04 AM »
ICE doesn't really do anything with the tuners, that's the MC's job - you could schedule it to record every channel if you wanted and ICE would accept it. The MC would then decide what it wanted to so. I run four tuners quite happily, but as I say ICE doesn't need to know that.

Offline A_G

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 08:46:31 PM »
i am running the same.  Ice doesnt need to know about the number of tuners but I have had some problems. Mainly they relate to phantom timers and the guide data not matching up.

Offline Adrian3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 03:17:38 PM »
Don't even bother with Interactive with Windows 7 (until Ice fix it) - it just does not work properly.

It doesn't cater for series recording properly and it won't set the "finish after" setting to anything but the useless windows default of "xx minutes after if possible" (which means you can't force back-to-back shows to use separate tuners - which you can using Media Centre by selecting "10 minutes after" in the advanced recording settings).

The web interface and the iPhone app are cool and certainly do (or at least appear to do) everything I want - it's just that the integration with Windows 7 is severely lacking.

(Note: I'm also using Win 7 & 2 x HVR-2200 cards)

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Interactive web and Safari

Started by Fester on Smart Recording website and General questions

2 Replies
Last post August 14, 2014, 11:01:48 PM
by Fester
question
ICE TV Interactive getting Exception System.Net.WebException

Started by ozbear on General Discussions

4 Replies
Last post May 19, 2014, 04:22:30 PM