Author Topic: IceTV Interactive version 2.0.017 Beta 1 available  (Read 8898 times)

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
IceTV Interactive version 2.0.017 Beta 1 available
« on: March 11, 2008, 10:07:01 AM »
The next version of IceTV Interactive is ready for beta testing.

This will bring the version up to 2.0.0.17 and includes a lot of bug fixes and optimizations. Both Windows XP MCE2005 and Windows Vista versions are attached to this post.

If you would like to help us test these new versions before they are released please download them below, and definitely respond in this thread with any feedback that you have on these new versions (and don't forget to include whether you are testing the XP or Vista version when posting feedback).

The change list for 2.0.0.17 Beta 1 is:

• Removed splash screen on startup.
  • Restored missing DVB Fix checkbox on Windows XP.
  • Reduced unnecessary connections to the server when an invalid username or password is entered.
  • Better handling of locked .exe and .dll files during installation. Added a note to close the old program first, and automatic file replacement after reboot if files are locked.
  • Added a desktop icon pointing to "IceTV Interactive.exe".
  • Retry launching IceGuide4MCE.exe when it fails.
  • Better handling of corrupted messages from the server.
  • Better handling of old .bin files.

These can be installed over the top of existing installations and it will carry the settings over.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 09:52:26 AM by Daniel Hall »
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Offline dJOS

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Derek's Home Theatre
Re: IceTV Interactive version 2.0.017 Beta 1 available
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 05:20:06 PM »
Has the "cant connect to apple.com" error msg box been removed as well?
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 09:26:09 AM »
As a workaround to certain ISP's having problems downloading the device list the DTD file is being mirrored on the IceTV server and this eliminates the need get anything from www.apple.com so that error should not come up again.

Offline dJOS

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Derek's Home Theatre
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 02:13:54 PM »
Thanks Daniel. :)

Offline wired

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 10:02:10 AM »
Hi,

I have not been able to get my recordings to update between my VMC and the website. I then read a thred at http://www.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=970.0

which sounded similar to my issue, it sort of worked, i.e. if i set a recording on the website it updated on my VMC. but still no update to the website if i set or delete a recording from VMC.

guide update is working fime (i have tried all sites, remote record, mobile phone remote record site and the new widget)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 10:05:04 AM by wired »

Offline djnikos

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 06:44:00 PM »
I am having exactly the same problem as 'wired' above. I was not recieving any recordings i selected via the website and the website wasnt registering my records on MC. I tried the above link 'wired' used as well and now I can set record from the website but records from MCE to websites still isn't registering.

Hasn't this issue been fixed in the new beta? I am using the beta 2.0.0.17.

Also why is my entire media collection on my computer being logged and sent to you?
Entries such as these are present in the logs;
 - - fsMetaData
 - - - Entry Type: 1
 - - - File Length: 2356799
 - - - Last Modified: 27/11/2005 9:32:34 PM
 - - - Local URL: file://VIDEOS/harrier_ejection.mpg
 - - - Description: C:\Users\username\videos\harrier_ejection.mpg

please note: 'username' has been changed

Offline merovingian

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 12:09:26 AM »
I seem to be having a different problem to the others. I get my guide updates, but the IceTV Interactive error log is filling up with:

Type: Error
Message: Couldn't match IceTV program entry to MCE entry (program)
Description: The matching channel was found, but there was no program in the MCE Guide at that time.

I get a massive number of these messages, and IceTV Interactive hogs my CPU. Circa 50%. (Exiiting IceTV Interactive doesn't free the CPU either - the IceTV Interactive process keeps running, so I have to end it from Task manager.)

I uninstalled and re-installed IceTV Interactive, but to no avail. 2.0.0.16 used to work just fine for me.

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 12:56:59 PM »
We are trying to find the exact cause of this at the moment, if you can email any information you have to sales it would be great, it would also help if you send the history.log file that is created by IceTV Interactive.

For Vista this will be in "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\IceTV\IceTV Interactive"
For XP this will be in "C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\IceTV\IceTV Interactive"

As for the sending up of filenames, this is a bug and will be removed in the next version, this was for a feature that would allow you to remotely manage your recordings but this feature is not currently in our development plans and should have been removed for this version. We are absolutely not doing anything with the data and it is just being discarded at the server end.

Offline mattg

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 04:01:52 PM »
Ever time I boot up vista, ice interactive tells me there is a new version available do i wish to download it. I keep clicking NO. I am quite happy running .16 I am unsure if it wants to download .17 beta. The problems that I hear about the beta makes me not want to download the beta. Anyway to disable the "New version available....." dialog?

Offline OzRob

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 12:45:48 PM »
I too am having the problem of not getting record shedule info updated to the website. I've emailed support twice in the last two week, but gotten no answer at all.

Offline pksinclair

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 01:50:45 PM »
I upgraded to 2.0.017 recently on Vista and it seems to be working OK most of the time, occasionally it seems to take a while to update my recorded shows but otherwise it seems OK.

I do however keep getting the following error in my IceTV Interactive error log; "C:\Users\username\Documents\my videos"

I've redirected my "My Videos" to another drive on my PC and it appears that the program assumes it will be in the standard location. I'm not sure if this is causing any problems but thought you should know anyway.

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 03:25:04 PM »
I upgraded to 2.0.017 recently on Vista and it seems to be working OK most of the time, occasionally it seems to take a while to update my recorded shows but otherwise it seems OK.

I do however keep getting the following error in my IceTV Interactive error log; "C:\Users\username\Documents\my videos"

I've redirected my "My Videos" to another drive on my PC and it appears that the program assumes it will be in the standard location. I'm not sure if this is causing any problems but thought you should know anyway.

This is fine, it won't impact on the functionality of IceTV Remote or IceTV Interactive, and as stated above this part of the application will be removed when the next version is released.

Offline slimf

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 12:37:02 PM »
Where can I get the latest beta for vista SP1 64bit ?

Share via facebook Share via twitter

xx
Common setup pitfalls using IceTV with Plex

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV on Plex

0 Replies
Last post July 01, 2019, 05:33:55 PM
by Daniel Hall at IceTV
xx
Setup IceTV on Plex server on Qnap TS 251+ with HDHomerun Connect

Started by Iceplex on Plex

25 Replies
Last post July 18, 2019, 11:01:01 PM